Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

I think the far more pressing concern is getting shot of the the majority of this squad. The attitude stinks and and it needs a complete overhaul. Spend this month trying to get shot of literally everyone of them bar maybe

Ayew 

Veretout

Okore

Adama

Bacuna (for versatility rather than ability)

We are down anyway, give the kids a run out and spend the next few months accessing what we have whilst working on the plan for the summer. 

You know, I've always laughed at these sort of 'sack em all' posts, but its gone beyond a joke now. A lack of ability is one thing, a lack effort is quite another. You simply can't build on rotten foundations. 

Edited by av1

11 minutes ago, Rodders said:

that does highlight it wasn't really the summer signings who are the problem in the main - too much left over shite. Lescott was an appalling signing mind.

Yep, rotten apples effect the whole crop.

2 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Come to villa and get verbally abused by you own fans as you get on the team coach .yes sure players are queuing up for that

Haha yeah.

Or the chance to be an instant fan favorite, as literally anyone can do better than most of the players we have here now

• Like 1

In the last six months this forward three would have possible to put together I reckon but sadly not now: 

A Young........Afobe........A Townsend

How much would the above have cost last summer £25m? Shame.

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Off to Celta apparently.

A Young? You mean Ashley Young? Why would that have been that possible?

Yes, Ashley Young - because I think we could have got him in the summer. Just my opinion of course, maybe nostalgia on my part a bit as well! Would just like us to be a real threat up top again and currently we just aren't!! Not sure where we go from here to be that real counter attacking treat again.

It's a shame we haven't managed to bring at least 1 player in by now. Not only to give the squad a bit of a lift but also to show that we are at least trying to survive. Garde must already know who in our squad is a complete waste of space (most of them) and it's disappointing that he hasn't managed to bring any targets in yet.

If we were seriously going to give it a proper go of staying up then I believe we would of made a couple of decent signings by now as we are crying out for new players in a number of positions but as it stands I'll be surprised if we sign anyone decent.

Do the morons running the club think it's a good thing for us to keep trudging through the season and being shit right the way through? It will affect us next season and we could really do with trying to get things right on the pitch this season to give us something to build on for the Championship next season but it probably doesn't make business sense...

• Like 1

Off to Celta apparently.

A Young? You mean Ashley Young? Why would that have been that possible?

Yes, Ashley Young - because I think we could have got him in the summer. Just my opinion of course, maybe nostalgia on my part a bit as well! Would just like us to be a real threat up top again and currently we just aren't!! Not sure where we go from here to be that real counter attacking treat again.

Delusional. If Young ever left United it would be to another top 7 side like Liverpool, Everton, Spurs etc

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mwj said:

Delusional. If Young ever left United it would be to another top 7 side like Liverpool, Everton, Spurs etc

Don't think it's delusional at all but like I said just my opinion.  Ashley may have liked Sherwood's enthusiasm?  Would he have come back to a chairman and fan base who quite frankly adored him? Offer him the right salary? Remember we had 40-50m to spend and bought poorly in the main.  Someone of his type is what we need anyway, as it's been crying out for it this season.

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I'd be very surprised if we could've got Ashley Young.

That said I think we need to start playing with wingers again, especially in the championship.

If we are relying on our fullbacks for width in the championship we are going straight to league one.

everybody has noticed that but management, Still wont be a surprise 1st day of Championship to have Hutton as our wide player :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Three clubs chasing mcgeady according to Martinez

Would be another brilliant moment in the shambles that we have become

it would come full circle as McGeady was allegedly one of players that MON wanted when he walked

he turned down Celtic as cant afford his wages and doubt he will come here, it will be the final straw