The VillaTalk Good Pub Guide

Xela

7 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Not to go back on my point as such, but the token cask ale they had (Landlord) was very nice and very well looked after.

On balance, if I had to choose, I'd go for a top quality cask ale with little choice over a number of ales that aren't well looked after.

But obviously, what I'd ideally like is at least a couple of quality guest ales that change on a rotor and aren't always just the same old same old.

What drives me insane is when they have 2 beers on and it's London Pride and Pedigree or Doom Bar. Pisses me off no end. You're selling the same beer twice mate and I don't like either. 😡

• 2 weeks later...

Thornbury Castle in Marylebone.

Great place, lovely Ales and even better food. Prefect pub after a Wembley visit. Very "persuasive" barmaid as well 🤩

• Like 1

Sad news. Eddie Fitzpatrick of The Lamp Tavern has died. A real Birmingham legend. 

I always remember asking him how his Guinness was and he replied 'it's up to you but personally I wouldn't touch it with a **** ing bargepole"

I do hope The Lamp continues. 

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, bickster said:

Ever been to a Boxpark?

Dreadful gaffs

If I want lukewarm piss thrown and sprayed all over me, i'll ring Tracey from Shard End for a home visit. 

• Haha 4

Boxparks can go either way depending on location and who takes the units?

Shoreditch has stuff going on anyway, so meh. Camden is on the old street market site, that was a big net loss.

Croydon seemed like a lost battle, but the Boxpark gave it a focal point again.

10 hours ago, bickster said:

Ever been to a Boxpark?

Dreadful gaffs

No, the thought of some idiots throwing beer in the air has never really appealed!

However, they do seem popular to those that use them and Bimingham, as the second city, probably should have one.

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

No, the thought of some idiots throwing beer in the air has never really appealed!

However, they do seem popular to those that use them and Bimingham, as the second city, probably should have one.

I'd gladly give Brum ours

• Haha 1

Only been to the Box Park at Wembley before Villa games.

Serves a purpose for that and you don't get covered in beer because you don't actually watch the game there.

Edited by Wainy316

22 hours ago, bickster said:

Ever been to a Boxpark?

Dreadful gaffs

wembley the only one i've been to pre-gig. was so loud you genuinely couldn't hear the person talking next to you

impressive amount of food options though and efficient drinks service

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â