Week 4 - 350 rolls of toilet paper

Tegis

This is absolutely horrific.

Going to be a losing season purely because of our O line. Totally non-existant. Hopefully Cable/Bevell's jobs are on the line for this shit show.

I've seen i go unpenalised plenty of times after a QB/Punter fumbles the snap and kicks/punches it out of the endzone. I've also seen the Giants penalised for it and have the flag picked up because the ball was batted backwards and not forwards. Refs are just all round terrible, it seems.

Yeah, I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen players in motion not set for the 1 second they're supposed and go unpenalised. I've been keying in on it since we got called for one the other week, cause you barely ever see it called.

It shouldn't be a sliding scale though.  At what point does a rule breach stop being a mere technicality.  It's either a breach or it isn't.  It then becomes subjective and that's precisely what rules are there to avoid.  That was a blatant gesture.  Based on the bounce of the ball on its way up from the ground before he shoved it out, it looks like #25 would've easily reached it and while I agree that I'd prefer a game won by a fantastic play, on the flip side I'd prefer a fair game than an unfair one*

*not saying that was an unfair game, I'm just making the counter-point.

• Like 1

Oh come on Brian, even if Wright doesn't tap it out, he catches it and falls to the floor well before #25 and the game is won by the Seahawks. Even Chancellor is closer on the play than #25.

I feel like people are making a big deal out of it (not on here) because it was the Seahawks. Especially considering what happened on MNF 3 years ago.

If it was in the Titans vs the Redskins, nobody would give a crap.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Which part of my post do you disagree with?  I don't care which team did it.  Mine was a general point about applying rules.  I don't see anything I've posted as being something you can disagree with.  Or are we suggesting selectively applying the rules?

It shouldn't be a sliding scale though.  At what point does a rule breach stop being a mere technicality.  It's either a breach or it isn't.  It then becomes subjective and that's precisely what rules are there to avoid.  That was a blatant gesture.  Based on the bounce of the ball on its way up from the ground before he shoved it out, it looks like #25 would've easily reached it and while I agree that I'd prefer a game won by a fantastic play, on the flip side I'd prefer a fair game than an unfair one*

*not saying that was an unfair game, I'm just making the counter-point.

This.

I agree it should have been called but it wasn't a huge deal as people are making out because it didn't affect anything. Then again, I'm a homer :D

Well OK.  I agree that he could and should have jumped on it.  You'd wonder why he didn't.  You'd wonder why he risked the rule breach.  He's lucky the refs are shite.  At least they're consistent though :P

Interestingly as well, it's illegal to punch a ball in player's possession.

Yet it happens all the time. Superbowl 48, Byron Maxwell. Chancellor Monday night. Peanut Tillman made a career out of it.

So where do we draw the line? Flagging absolutely everything, or letting some things go?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â