The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Where does it end up if nothing matters anymore? How bad will these bastards continue to be when they can see that actions don't have consequences. 

We’re pretty much there already. 

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

We’re pretty much there already. 

I hope we are because I fear it will get much worse. Look at the state of the republican party in America. They tried to destroy and rig an election and no one has been punished for it. 

Not only did Boris break the law and lie about it, it’s laws he created and repeatedly told the public it was essential they followed it as a life or death severity.

Piece of shit has to go.

I keep praying that there’s some ancient clause that means the Queen can still step in and **** him off for the good of the country.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I keep praying that there’s some ancient clause that means the Queen can still step in and **** him off for the good of the country.

You're far from the first person I've read suggesting the Queen should/could intervene, on any number of matters, from Brexit, to the illegal prorogation, to this, and I have the same question each time; why do you think she gives a shit what the people think?

She's the head of a family that's by their very nature are undemocratic, and has never shown any interest in overruling politicians on any matters that don't impact her family's financial well-being.

Do you think she's interested in doing what the public want? She wasn't particularly interested in the views of the public when she sheltered her sweaty son. The Queen is not our friend.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You're far from the first person I've read suggesting the Queen should/could intervene, on any number of matters, from Brexit, to the illegal prorogation, to this, and I have the same question each time; why do you think she gives a shit what the people think?

She's the head of a family that's by their very nature are undemocratic, and has never shown any interest in overruling politicians on any matters that don't impact her family's financial well-being.

Do you think she's interested in doing what the public want? She wasn't particularly interested in the views of the public when she sheltered her sweaty son. The Queen is not our friend.

I’m clutching at straws, I’m looking at the usual suspects to do the right thing and they are are rather silent.

If Boris isn’t quitting then there’s gonna have to be some kind of process to oust him.

I was hoping the queen might have a bucket list containing **** off a robbing, cheating, lying word removed just because she can.

Desperate times and all that. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

If Boris isn’t quitting then there’s gonna have to be some kind of process to oust him.

It's the same problem we've seen a dozen times - our rules for ministers assume that they will honour precedent and respect the office. We're not set up at all for senior politicians who deny reality and refuse to admit wrongdoing.

We're at the mercy of Johnson's conscience, or, more likely, the tory backbenchers' fear of losing their seats. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Also, why would we assume an unelected authority would be more likely to be doing ‘what the people want’ than the elected government are?

A government’s judgment comes from the ballot box, not from a single person with a higher power that might happen to agree with you (or not).

• Like 1

If I were Sunak, apparently already considering if he should step down, having just been blatantly knifed in the back by Boris, I couldn't resign quickly enough, with a statement of how the position was untenable once fined for breaking the law. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If I were Sunak, apparently already considering if he should step down, having just been blatantly knifed in the back by Boris, I couldn't resign quickly enough, with a statement of how the position was untenable once fined for breaking the law. 

Yes, he can return the favour here.

The Queen can intervene, but (rightly) she won't. The Royals have realised their privileged position comes from keeping their mouth shut, and they do. She has directly intervened in political matters a handful of times in 70 years, and those were usually on comparatively minor matters that impacted her position directly IIRC.

We have a political system that relies on honour codes and very particular limited rules. That doesn't work when the people involved have realised they can front out those honour codes by simply ignoring them.

Unfortunately the system's balance to that is the opposing party, and our system hobbles that by ensuring as much as possible that the governing party is given power to act as they want, which we then turbo charged by giving them a huge majority, in the electorates infinite wisdom.

As such, you're relying on the bastards getting bored of power, or for their underlings to attempt to dead man's shoes method of promotion with some good self interested backstabbing. But neither of these is terribly promising because the next in line are also cut from the same word removed cloth.

And we next go to the poles, still donkeys away, we'll happily give the Tories another win.

Basically if you want to feel better about things, become a Tory.

An alternative to the Queen could be for everyone who votes for these words removed to **** stop. You've got to be a real piece of shit to continue to vote for these people at this point. 

Put tribalism aside for once. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

Did the Met do No10 a favour by dropping the fines during recess? It’s convenient for Boris and Rishi.

No, there's more to come, the Met are doing this party at a time, this will go on for weeks and weeks

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â