The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Liz Truss blamed by Russia for their setting of “special alert” on nuclear force. Joy!

If there's still a country and a party to lead, and we're not all vapourised first, that might win her the next leadership contest right there. 

Truss was born on 26 July 1975 in Oxford, England, to John Kenneth and Priscilla Mary Truss.[1][13][14] Her father was a professor of pure mathematics at the University of Leeds, while her mother was a nurse, teacher, and member of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament. Truss has described both as being "to the left of Labour".[5] When Truss later stood for election to Parliament, her mother agreed to campaign for her while her father declined to do so.

Wiki

Next Christmas might be a bit tense? 

It's not that big of a win, is it? As with everything, all the HoL can do is stall it. With such a big commons majority, it's going through either way unless they have a change of heart, which is difficult as the **** don't have one.

29 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's not that big of a win, is it? As with everything, all the HoL can do is stall it. With such a big commons majority, it's going through either way unless they have a change of heart, which is difficult as the **** don't have one.

It increases the chance of a compromise (or a rebellion if there is no compromise). On its own it doesn't do much, but it's a necessary step.

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

It increases the chance of a compromise (or a rebellion if there is no compromise). On its own it doesn't do much, but it's a necessary step.

Genuine question, because I have absolutely no idea, has this happened at all under Johnson? I can kind of see it in a government with a lesser majority where a bit of pushback only needs to change a handful of minds in the commons to block the bill without amendments, but with such a huge majority I'd imagined they simply ram everything through, it's not something I've particularly followed, though. 

39 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Genuine question, because I have absolutely no idea, has this happened at all under Johnson? I can kind of see it in a government with a lesser majority where a bit of pushback only needs to change a handful of minds in the commons to block the bill without amendments, but with such a huge majority I'd imagined they simply ram everything through, it's not something I've particularly followed, though. 

Yes it has happened, though perhaps not on many aspects as high profile as this.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â