The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Yes but the report says excessive alcohol - not a glass a wine at your desk  

Yeah, it’s still easier to fob off “people shouldn’t be drinking whilst working, lesson learned”.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The fact he said there were no parties in front of the house, but the police are investigating 12 of them should be enough.

It should be, but I don't think there's any rules that say lying to the House is a sacking matter. It's just an honour code, and they've realised that doesn't mean anything if you don't want it to.

10 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Effectively she's saying she isn't going to publish details of the events that police aren't interested in as doing so would prejudice the ultimate findings of the case - i.e. those details will either make the thing look worse than it would in its totality, or it makes the thing look better than it is.

Either way she's basically saying I'm not going to publish details until I can publish all the details.

Yeah - A technique I've used many times in yearly appraisals:-.

• When the praise is flowing - keep talking
  • Any criticism or negative comments - keep ya gob shut.

Type up the minutes accordingly !!!!  - Works wonders 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, it’s still easier to fob off “people shouldn’t be drinking whilst working, lesson learned”.

Theres always a get out.

There could be a photo of Boris giving it Jacob Rees Mogg up the wrong un - and the daily mail would lead with "all men should get there prostate checked" . 

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yes but the report says excessive alcohol - not a glass a wine at your desk  

Personally, I would say a glass of wine at your desk is pretty excessive.  These people run our country and should not have their judgements compromised by alcohol in any shape or form.  If they want to have a glass of wine at home, that is fine. It is not fine to drink alcohol whilst working. 

• Like 1

Its not a smoking gun. Bunter will stay quiet for a couple of days and there will be a serious reverse whipping to stop the letters of no confidence getting close to 54.  I expect a few MP's will now just say I will wait for the full report/police investigations. Also question of tactics. If he gets a no confidence vote and easily survivies it, he will not have to face one for another year. 

Edited by The Fun Factory

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Its not a smoking gun. Bunter will stay quiet for a couple of days and there will be a serious reverse whipping to stop the letters of no confidence getting close to 54.  I expect a few MP's will now just say I will wait for the full report/police investigations.

There is a theory that getting the 54 letters isn't a problem. But getting enough to topple him in a no confidence / Leadership ballot wouldn't be as easy.

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Theres always a get out.

There could be a photo of Boris giving it Jacob Rees Mogg up the wrong un - and the daily mail would lead with "all men should get there prostate checked" . 

So interestingly enough the DM has been absolutely laying into Boris over the course of most of the scandal. Quick look at their website headlines suggests they still are - although I think I read (in the Guardian maybe) that there'd been some kind of sea change in opinion at their office when they realised that there's a good chance Starmer will win the next election if it carries on like this, so they took their foot off his throat a bit.

I guess their objective at the moment is just to force Boris out to get someone else more capable of winning the next election in instead.

1 minute ago, Panto_Villan said:

So interestingly enough the DM has been absolutely laying into Boris over the course of most of the scandal. Quick look at their website headlines suggests they still are - although I think I read (in the Guardian maybe) that there'd been some kind of sea change in opinion at their office when they realised that there's a good chance Starmer will win the next election if it carries on like this, so they took their foot off his throat a bit.

I guess their objective at the moment is just to force Boris out to get someone else more capable of winning the next election in instead.

Mail online hasn't been backing Boris. But the daily mail itself has staunchly backed him

(First reading of DM - I thought you meant our new defensive midfielder - and that I had missed him signing ) 

They're making changes in Number 10 and the Cabinet Office and changing the civil service code of conduct.

That doesn't change he was getting pissed whilst people couldn't say goodbye to their loved ones.

Not good enough. Pathetic.

Edited by StefanAVFC

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2022/jan/31/uk-politics-live-omicron-nhs-workers-coronavirus-vaccines-no-10-sue-gray-report

"Boris Johnson’s position is now completely untenable. The prime minister is guilty of breaking lockdown rules and misleading parliament. He must resign - or be removed from office."

Ian Blackford, the SNP leader at Westminster, has restated his call for Boris Johnson to resign in the light of the Sue Gray report/update out today. In a statement he said:

Boris Johnson’s position is now completely untenable. The prime minister is guilty of breaking lockdown rules and misleading parliament. He must resign - or be removed from office.

The highly critical Sue Gray report is utterly damning. It has provided the final nail in the coffin against Boris Johnson’s false claims that he would be exonerated. Instead, it has provided conclusive evidence that rule-breaking events did happen and should never have taken place.

It is clear the prime minister knew about events, attended them - and was lying to parliament when he claimed otherwise.

Misleading parliament is a resignation matter in itself - but just as important is the fact that the prime minister and his Downing Street team were breaking the rules that they had imposed.

• Like 1

He's going to get away with it. The country saw fit at the last election to give him a big majority and vote in a bunch of humanity's most simpering right wing careerists. There's nothing forcing him to go outside of it being the honourable/respectable thing, and he's not known for having a personality that cares much about that kind of thing.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Sorry, we got it wrong, we'll learn from these mistakes

That's it. **** word removed

Even worse.

He said "I'm sorry for about 2 minutes" then started campaigning. I detest this word removed.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â