The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Nick Robinson is hinting that there may be some legs in ideas that Gove's friends in the media (ahem) may have assisted with Johnson walking away.

If Gove won, you'd have to bear in mind we'd now have a Prime Minister who was keen to let everyone know he believed we were in a post expertise world.

Good grief.

To be honest part of me wants Gove to win so this cretin gets the full fury of the public when it goes tits up once we leave EU. 

I cannot support this man whatsoever. If he wins I will not vote conservative at next election thats for damn sure

It has to be May.

We need a woman to lead the talks with Mutti Merkel and no bloke is likely to win that argument.

She'll look good standing next to Hillary Clinton and looking down on her. 

She already has the wardrobe.

It couldn't be Boris because if Trump wins, whenever they met, it would look like Pixar had taken over politics.

It can't be Grove because he looks like Archie Andrews, the dummy.

In short, it has to be May because she has every quality I demand from a Tory leader, including unlikeability. 

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

It couldn't be Boris because if Trump wins, whenever they met, it would look like Pixar had taken over politics.

:crylaugh:Brilliant!

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Shirley Liam Fox can't be serious about a bid for leadership? That must just be some hope that he'll get 4 or 5 votes that would be useful to someone else that he can then trade for a nice minor ministerial role that will allow him some foreign travel. He loves a bit of foreign travel. Doesn't always declare it in the members interests, but that's just boring admin.. It's all the foreign travel that caused him to run up a £20,000 phone bill he put on expenses. When that came out, he did promise to actively look for a more competitive tariff so fair play to him.

Fox the millionaire that put in an expenses claim for a 1 mile car journey totalling 3p. 

Then I suppose we can overlook that strange episode with his unofficial special advisor? The one that was shacked up in Fox's flat printing his own business cards, whilst Fox claimed for having to rent a property elsewhere. Then had to pay back over £20,000 of mortgage expenses.

Nah, I don't see the winner being Liam Fox. The original B'stard. Damaged goods. If they elect him it would be like saying politicians are allowed to be cheating scumbags out for every last penny they can skin us for.

I've noticed recently that the media keep leaving out part of his name. His correct name is Disgraced Former Defence Secretary Liam Fox. 

• Like 4

Boris may be an utter clearing in the woods, but he's not stupid.

nbvei0.jpg

Step in now and he'd be expected to deliver something.

Leave it a bit until it gets more chaotic, then he can say circumstances have changed and can walk away from previous promises.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

May has heavily implied she would random EU nationals resident in the UK when agreeing a deal with the EU.

Eh? :huh:.

Autocorrect problem?

I have a nightmare using a phone or tablet to type on the site intermittently. It's an issue with autocorrect coupled to a weird situation which is hard to describe... trying to correct typos leads to even weirder typos. Hard to explain.

Anyway, I meant she would hold EU nationals here to ransom. She has basically said their right to stay here would depend on the deal she could do with Brussels. I think it's possible to be more sinister but it's usually accompanied by goose-stepping.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â