The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

It terms of winning a GE it would be a terrible move in my opinion to select a pro exit prime minster. 

If the exit goes well, Europe won't be an issue you can campaign on. If it goes badly to brexit campaigners will get blamed. 

On top of that you start with a leader, that starts with 49% of the population won't like. 

I think that maybe Boris suddenly doesn't want it anymore. 

My dark horse would have been Chris Grayling, but I think it'll be Margaret Hilda May. 

The really funny thing is birdbrain Nicky Morgan fancying her chances. 

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My dark horse would have been Chris Grayling, but I think it'll be Margaret Hilda May. 

The really funny thing is birdbrain Nicky Morgan fancying her chances. 

Chris Grayling just seems a bit of a wet blanket, I can't see it being him.  I might put a fiver on Priti Patel.

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I'm not normally one for conspiracy theories, but just a few months ago Boris thought we should remain in the EU. So my very first thought when he joined the leave campaign was that Boris very much saw it as a head to head fight with Cameron, and a way of firmly positioning himself for leadership. 

I would be staggered if Boris didn't throw his hat in the ring. 

Gove all the way

where as Boris will have as many enemies as backers , Gove is well liked and respected by just about everyone , apart from people on VT of course :)

35 minutes ago, jon_c said:

And the teachers, they absolutely despise him.

you mean the militant left wing teachers brainwashing our children :) 

there was some support for Gove within the teaching industry , though nowhere near as much as the despise brigade admittedly , I wonder if teaching wasn't quite so unionised and a labour government had implemented his changes , would it have been less hostile ?  doesn't make the policy any less a bad idea ( tbh I don't really know if was a good or a bad idea ) , but sometimes in order to change there has to be a willingness to accept change

I presume Cameron's response was a snigger and 'Don't worry, I shan't' and a plan to spend the next 3 months unsubtly throwing his colleagues and usurpers under the bus.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

I presume Cameron's response was a snigger and 'Don't worry, I shan't' and a plan to spend the next 3 months unsubtly throwing his colleagues and usurpers under the bus.

And Osborne 'There won't be an emergency budget after all, we will wait until the Autumn'.  Good luck to whoever takes over.

I wonder if the Tories might reconsider the snap General Election if Corbyn stays. If they have a snap GE - Labour will perform very badly - Corbyn will go - and Labour get a new leader. 

If they hold on another 3 years - corbyn stays - and they will probably win in 3 years anyway - Thats 3 years of Corbyn destroying the main opposition party  - and the tories are guaranteed around 8 years in power.  

2 hours ago, hippo said:

I wonder if the Tories might reconsider the snap General Election if Corbyn stays. If they have a snap GE - Labour will perform very badly - Corbyn will go - and Labour get a new leader. 

I wonder if the Tories might consider a referendum on Europe if Boris and Farage keep making noise - if they have a referendum, Leave will perform very badly - Boris and Farage will be finished and Cameron will be secure for years.

These plans don't always follow the script.

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The thing which most people forget about Boris, is that he is not actually a toff and was a scholarship boy at Eton.

His over the top toff act is obviously something he learned to put on to fit in.

Your not truly posh if you don't call your parents mater and pater.

3 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The thing which most people forget about Boris, is that he is not actually a toff and was a scholarship boy at Eton.

His over the top toff act is obviously something he learned to put on to fit in.

Toff - a rich or upper class person.

Don't mistake him being awarded a scholarship as evidence of him coming from the poor side of town. Even a cursory bit of research demonstrates the privilege he was born into. By no means born into an earldom but let's not rewrite history, eh?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â