The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

21 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Cj-EIR4WUAAzEbP.jpg

Why are they still doing this learning to stand up thing?

I suspect they are actually being coached in how to stand up, by the Aston Villa standing up nonchalantly Coach.

previously...

Cj-EK3gWsAA7acb.jpg

Cj-EJiGWEAEUrsK.jpg

Having done some research into this, it seems like it's probably based on a TED talk given by a woman named Amy Cuddy who talked about research she had done or seen into power posing, which suggested that standing like this makes people feel more confident, leads to testosterone production and subsequent behaviour change. 

Needless to say, the study she was talking about has fallen victim to the ongoing 'replication crisis' in science, with subsequent researchers absolutely unable to prove that standing in power poses produces more testosterone or leads to behaviour change (though they apparently do increase self-reported confidence levels), so these idiots are standing around looking like berks for basically no benefit. Fairly apt for their government overall really. 

Hansard - Investigatory Powers Bill June 7th

Suella Fernandes (Fareham) (Con)

these powers are not novel or a quirk of the modern age; they have been around for decades. Back in world war one, our intelligence services tracked the worldwide network of German cables under the sea by using secret sensors. They were able to intercept telegraph messages on a bulk basis, looking for patterns in communications and signals from the enemy.

When cables ended, radio surveillance was necessary to break codes during world war two. That involved bulk interception of data by hand. That work was famously based at room 40 of the Admiralty. Alan Turing and his team at Bletchley Park would never have cracked Enigma were it not for the bulk interception of cyphers. That advanced cryptanalysis changed the course of history by enabling the allies to pre-empt enemy planning, saving countless lives and shortening the war.

Joanna Cherry (SNP)

Does the hon. Lady agree that the difference is that, in the days of Bletchley Park, we were at war? We are not at war now. What we are concerned to do here is not to assist this country’s enemies, but to protect the privacy of the people who live here, who include her constituents.

Suella Fernandes (Con)

I am astonished by the hon. and learned Lady’s suggestion that we are not at war. Paris, Brussels, Jakarta—I do not need to go on. We are engaged in a worldwide conflict against Daesh, and it is a threat to our security every day and every night.

Simon Hoare (Con)

My hon. Friend is right to draw attention to the terrorists, but let us not forget those who wish to wage war on the safety of our children through paedophilia and those who wish to wage war on the safety of women through people and sex trafficking. Those important elements are at the nub of the Bill, alongside terrorism, and we should not forget them.

Suella Fernandes (Con)

I totally agree. We are waging a foreign policy and international security war, but we are also waging war on the online fraudsters and the paedophiles. We are in a constant state of threat, and it is easy to delude ourselves if we do not face that threat directly.

Edited by snowychap

They're not morons, they know exactly what they're doing, it's calculated. What elected politician is going to argue when it can be pointed out that they're 'defending paedophiles'. 

• Like 2

Govt has a majority in the Commons of 12, this was voted through with a majority of 375, supported by conservative and labour.

137 MP's didn't attend or vote.

Don't forget to vote to get our democracy back on 23rd June.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

They're not morons, they know exactly what they're doing, it's calculated. What elected politician is going to argue when it can be pointed out that they're 'defending paedophiles'. 

It may be deliberate, but her argument is still nonsensical and ill-informed. 

• Like 1

It's certainly nonsensical, I'm not sure it's ill-informed. How much of the electorate do you think pays attention to individual arguments in Parliament. 5%? 10%? That's being generous, I think. It's an absurd argument, most people would agree, but the moment someone says that fighting terrorists/paedophiles/the russians isn't worth surrendering our freedoms is the moment that they lose their seat, because the tabloids will run riot.  You can push almost anything through parliament if there's even a tangential link to terrorists or paedos. The biggest flaw with democracy is tabloids. 

Edited by Davkaus

20 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Govt has a majority in the Commons of 12...

On this subject...

Tory MP's attempt to block police investigation into election fraud allegations fails

Judge says election results could be declared void in the event of a conviction.

Independent

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Xann said:

election fraud

it is all about  funding  , election fraud  I dunno , it implies something far more sinister don't you think ? 

I'm curious as to why that same weblink  fails to mention helicopter visit by Sturgeon being declared nationally rather than locally and likewise with Harmins pink bus ( :crylaugh: ) and Labour shipping activists into marginal seats using the same methods

quite surprised you didn't mention these yourself for that matter  :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

it is all about  funding  , election fraud  I dunno , it implies something far more sinister don't you think ? 

I'm curious as to why that same weblink  fails to mention helicopter visit by Sturgeon being declared nationally rather than locally and likewise with Harmins pink bus ( :crylaugh: ) and Labour shipping activists into marginal seats using the same methods

Fraudulently declaring expenses for one thing as being down to another thing is the way the LAW looks at it.

Maybe the link and Dave doesn't mention the other stuff because either a) it's an "Ah...But" or b ) it's not under investigation as it was declared properly?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blandy said:

Maybe the link and Dave doesn't mention the other stuff because either a) it's an "Ah...But" or b ) it's not under investigation as it was declared properly?

Or c) it doesn't suit the anti Tory views of the poster and the lady leading the investigation ? ( I don't want to live under a Tory govt and shame on you who  voted for them seem to have been particular favourite comments of hers on social media )

the other examples I gave were declared in the same way as I already pointed out  , i.e out of a central budget rather than a local budget 

So your floundering if you are playing the ah but defence on this one ( cue the fish puns ) 

Reading the in depth Guardian article on this topic , it seems that Ed's stone has also not been declared ... That's probably down to embarrassment rather than election fraud though :D

Edited by tonyh29

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

They're looking at the election now. Let's see what comes out the wash.

You're welcome to expand on that in other threads :)

There is more on the fraud angle floating about on the web, but I won't link that unless it becomes more substantial.

5 minutes ago, snowychap said:

You mean there is a thread in which to post about the Labour party?

Do you know whether it's difficult to find?

Not sure.

Bit tied up with rhubarb brulee atm.

Might look later.

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

You mean there is a thread in which to post about the Labour party?

Do you know whether it's difficult to find?

shall I start an SNP thread for the bit where I mentioned them as well ? 

I know it pisses on the chips of the premise of this thread which is just to slag off anything Tory related but three threads to discuss the same subject seems rather pointless no ?  

To answer the question though , The Labour Party are such an irrelevance now they are relegated to page 4 of the forum and thus a nightmare to find  ...Even WWE and comic books  are more current !!

Edited by tonyh29

43 minutes ago, Xann said:

Not sure.

Bit tied up with rhubarb brulee atm.

Might look later.

Don't we have a thread for posting about cooking ?

Do you know whether it's difficult to find ?

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

shall I start an SNP thread for the bit where I mentioned them as well ?

I'd imagine it would be a good place to start if you wish to discuss the SNP in detail (something that may perhaps get to 70 odd pages in 9 months).

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I know it pisses on the chips of the premise of this thread which is just to slag off anything Tory related but three threads to discuss the same subject seems rather pointless no ?

You mean three threads where you'd post the same stuff slagging off the Labour party? :D

You could probably also squeeze it in the cooking one when you find it as you have mentioned chips.

Edited by snowychap

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â