The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Labour have been going as a political party for over 120 years and only about 30 of them they have been in power.

I'm not sure what point you think you're making here. Post WW2 is generally recognised as Modern politics, not only that but there are no people alive that would have been able to vote in 1935

All those years before WW2 are not really relevant. It's pretty easy to argue that anything pre-Thatcher is irrelevant these days

The yardsticks I chose were chosen for good reason. They were relevant

5 hours ago, bickster said:

I'm not sure what point you think you're making here. Post WW2 is generally recognised as Modern politics, not only that but there are no people alive that would have been able to vote in 1935

All those years before WW2 are not really relevant. It's pretty easy to argue that anything pre-Thatcher is irrelevant these days

The yardsticks I chose were chosen for good reason. They were relevant

Post war the conservatives have been in power more than labour. In the last 45 years the conservatives more in power than labour.  Whatever yardstick you pick the conservatives or previously the tory paper generally tend to be in power more than their mind rival opposition. Britian is a small c conservative country at most of the time with occasional desire for more reform in other periods. 

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Post war the conservatives have been in power more than labour. In the last 45 years the conservatives more in power than labour.  Whatever yardstick you pick the conservatives or previously the tory paper generally tend to be in power more than their mind rival opposition. Britian is a small c conservative country at most of the time with occasional desire for more reform in other periods. 

by one election cycle this century and two since WW2, the differences are not significant

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

by one election cycle this century and two since WW2, the differences are not significant

I don't understand what you mean by election cycles.  Since 45 Labour have been in power for about 30 years, that is clearly less than half the time. Ok this may change if Starmer has a long spell in government but the Conservatives have had longer periods in office than Labour. And if you want to go post 1990 Thatcher it is still 20 to 14 to the Tories at the moment. In the future who knows perhaps it will change but in most people's lifetimes the tories have been the dominant political party in the UK.

27 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I don't understand what you mean by election cycles.  Since 45 Labour have been in power for about 30 years, that is clearly less than half the time. Ok this may change if Starmer has a long spell in government but the Conservatives have had longer periods in office than Labour. And if you want to go post 1990 Thatcher it is still 20 to 14 to the Tories at the moment. In the future who knows perhaps it will change but in most people's lifetimes the tories have been the dominant political party in the UK.

They also had the most Prime Ministers in one normal election cycle!  I’ve lost count of how many.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â