The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

17 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Imagine not reading the thread to check if it had already been posted  , would never catch me doing that 

Is this the first post of all time to elicit a 'laugh' reaction from @chrisp65?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I think carrier pigeon Chris :P discovered it a few weeks back  , surprised me when I saw he had used it 

• Thanks 1

I’m watching all of you dancing with joy at Badenoch being the likely candidate but this is exactly what happened in Australia, just a few years ahead of you.

After losing power to a centrist Labour government Australia’s Tories swung further right and nominated their unelectable ‘Badenoch’ candidate as opposition leader, except he is now looking like he might become the next Prime Minister after a disappointing term from the centrist Labour government. 

As difficult as it seems (and it looked impossible in Australia a few years back) it could well be a case of be careful what you wish for. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

24 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I think carrier pigeon Chris :P discovered it a few weeks back  , surprised me when I saw he had used it 

I took on board some scathing criticism, reviewed my processes, and I’ve decided to cautiously try out a few options. There will be inappropriate uses, this is a learning curve.

• Haha 1

The Tories going increasingly mental = good thinking is largely from the position that people think Tories won't get in if they're mental, and that they are due to die. This isn't true. We've got 5 years of red Tories now, and they're going hell for leather on the path that made the last 15 years bollocks, when it comes to the next election all it'll take is for the official Tory party to push a few ideas that make the right people the right money and the all the mentalist crap in the world won't stop them getting back in in a country that looooves Tories.

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

all the mentalist crap in the world won't stop them getting back in in a country that looooves Tories.

The country has never loved Tories. At best it’s tolerated them, due in significant part to the Labour party being (in the nation’s eyes) even worse. But as we’ve just seen in the last election the country gave them a record low number of MPs and a small vote share. The fragmenting of the 2 party system combined with FPTP hurt the left for years, but the same has now happened to the right, fortunately.

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

I’m watching all of you dancing with joy at Badenoch being the likely candidate but this is exactly what happened in Australia, just a few years ahead of you.

After losing power to a centrist Labour government Australia’s Tories swung further right and nominated their unelectable ‘Badenoch’ candidate as opposition leader, except he is now looking like he might become the next Prime Minister after a disappointing term from the centrist Labour government. 

As difficult as it seems (and it looked impossible in Australia a few years back) it could well be a case of be careful what you wish for. 

Christ, that's bad news. Australia went from mental climate deniers to world leaders in renewable energy and green tech. I hope the right wingers don't take it back to the dark ages. 

1 hour ago, blandy said:

The country has never loved Tories. At best it’s tolerated them, due in significant part to the Labour party being (in the nation’s eyes) even worse. But as we’ve just seen in the last election the country gave them a record low number of MPs and a small vote share. The fragmenting of the 2 party system combined with FPTP hurt the left for years, but the same has now happened to the right, fortunately.

We've done this over and over again. For a country that doesn't like Tories we are remarkably good at electing them. And we just gave a near historic sized win to a Labour party whose policies would fit into a modern Tory manifesto nicely and who spent the build up to the election for 2 years essentially arguing they agree with the direction of the country but don't like who is doing it. Even then it took nearly 15 years of the absolute dregs of bastards of official Tories to get there.

The country likes Tories. It's not nice and obviously there's a decent chunk of the country that doesn't vote Tory, but when push comes to shove we get Tory governments with great regularity and even if you argue the game is rigged for them nobody ever seems to change the rules against them. Thus, on the whole, the UK **** loves a Tory.

Lads, I've got a brain like a brick right now. If anyone would be so kind to summarise who's in and out, and why they're all dangers to the human race, that'd be great 

Cheers. (Still **** around with printer, ain't I)

2 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Lads, I've got a brain like a brick right now. If anyone would be so kind to summarise who's in and out, and why they're all dangers to the human race, that'd be great 

Cheers. (Still **** around with printer, ain't I)

Essentially, we're about to see a head-to-head decided by who the tory membership hate more, transgender people or asylum seekers.

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Essentially, we're about to see a head-to-head decided by who the tory membership hate more, transgender people or asylum seekers.

Thank you

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â