The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think he could beat Jenrick as though the members would prefer his policies he has no personality and is a wooden performer. Cleverley came across reasonably well at the conference as he appeared human compared to the other two.

Plenty of time for that to change.

Once we're down to two, just watch as the usual media suspects play the Jenrick card

18 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think he could beat Jenrick as though the members would prefer his policies he has no personality and is a wooden performer. Cleverley came across reasonably well at the conference as he appeared human compared to the other two.

Yet both Maybot and Liz "the lettuce" Truss managed to become leader

🤔

22 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well he did have Desmond to help but he sold the Express.

Ownership won’t make a difference, Express and Mail are both more likely to be Team Jenrick

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Your second sentence is exactly why Cleverly won't win. The first sentence isn't what Tory members want, they want "Low Tax, f*** wokery, beat Reform"

This is also why they won't win the next election or the one after it.

The leader isn't the big issue, they can't change unless a whole heap of former Tory voting centrists go full on Trotsky and take part in a bit of entryism by rejoining the party

The membership is more nutty than any of the candidates

Oh I agree, it's the best choice for them - but there's no chance whatsoever of them making it

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pottervillan said:

Yet both Maybot and Liz "the lettuce" Truss managed to become leader

🤔

May beat Leadsom and Truss  beat Sunak both not exactly a high bar to compete against.  In the past the membership has voted for a one nation candidate in West Ham's very own David Cameron who did a good speech at conference (without notes! Amazing!) to overtake the then-favourite David Davis.  So Cleverley could win, but I suspect the membership is even smaller and more right wing than it was in 2005.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Jenrick isn't the full batshit candidate, that's Badenoch, Jenrick is just semi-skimmed Batshit.

I do think it will be Jenrick because I think Cleverly will prefer that

I'm not so sure the bigoted line is true though. Badenoch is MORE likely to beat Cleverly than Jenrick when it goes to the members

If it's anything like the Liz Truss days then the members will definitely have consulted their members

13 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

May beat Leadsom and Truss  beat Sunak both not exactly a high bar to compete against. 

Although that never got as far as a vote, Leadsom quit. May probably would have won with the members though.

4 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Looks like it's Jenrick vs Badenoch then, could go either way with the members. Whichever they go for, should keep the Tories far away from power for a good while yet

I'd be gobsmacked if that was the final two

Oh my.  They are going to remain an absolute cesspit aren't they with a circus surrounding everything they do and say.  Think @bickster is right.  It's hard to see them putting forward any policies or plans that are likely to see them elected in the foreseeable.  

Edited by sidcow
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â