The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

7 hours ago, Genie said:

The best quote I saw, which was aimed at a lot of the Tories of the time (Johnson, Truss, Mogg etc) was that they were “unembarrassable”. They seem incapable of being embarrassed by things they’ve said and done so they just go again day in, day out. 

Johnson has got a bit about him. Moggy has a bit of class and breeding about him, but Truss offers nothing . 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Genie said:

The best quote I saw, which was aimed at a lot of the Tories of the time (Johnson, Truss, Mogg etc) was that they were “unembarrassable”. They seem incapable of being embarrassed by things they’ve said and done so they just go again day in, day out. 

The word they were looking for there is “shameless”. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xann said:

All scum.

Morons and mugs thought otherwise.

JRM wouldn’t give a commoner the steam off his piss. Also made a fortune out of Brexit. 

• 3 weeks later...

Have enjoyed not having to listen to these bastards but have recently tuned into the leadership race and well, what a laugh. I was expecting 'some' attempt at a change of direction from the offer which failed at the election, but they've only gone and double/tripled down. Clearly it's a race to get the membership elect you, then you can implement what you want. However, I can't see a Starmer style sleight of hand, if you get the rabid gammons to put you in, they will tear you apart if you give them something else. In short, the tories are still buggered.

• Like 1

The only bit I’ve seen so far, was Cleverly pledging that if he becomes leader and wins an election in 5 years time, he would reinstate the Rwanda deal.

They are determined to give that country as much free money as possible. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Have enjoyed not having to listen to these bastards but have recently tuned into the leadership race and well, what a laugh

Two very gratifying things are (a) the realisation of how few of the buggers there are now. Sunak got 88 votes in the first round last time, and the person in sixth got more than Jenrick's first place total this time. And (b) how they are still splitting pretty much 50/50 between completely nuts and only partially nuts. Just like before. 

• Like 2

Tories are going to elect a Tory.

What I was saying ages before the General Election still applies

They are killing themselves, the only thing that has changed is the rise of Reform (especially amongst the young)

I still see the death spiral of the Tory Party. The first leader elected will be sitting on a poisoned throne (a la William Hague), they'll still be dealing with infighting even though they have severely curtailed numbers as the initial round of voting shows

The second leader won't get elected until after the next election at which point I still think the LibDems will potentially overtake them because of a variety of reasons including demographics

As far as the leadership election goes, it's really a battle between Badenoch and Cleverly to come second and either way both of them will lose to Jenrick.

Jenrick has plenty of skeletons in the cupboard. This Tory party will still be unelectable in 5 and 10 years time IMO.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

As far as the leadership election goes, it's really a battle between Badenoch and Cleverly to come second and either way both of them will lose to Jenrick.

I mean, some of us were saying this two months ago while others were saying it was all about Tugendhat and how Cleverley had no chance.

(winky face)

I reckon Badenoch would still beat Jenrick with the members pretty easily. And I think Jimmy Dimmly would stand a pretty decent chance too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I reckon Badenoch would still beat Jenrick with the members pretty easily. And I think Jimmy Dimmly would stand a pretty decent chance too. 

I remain to be convinced on that. In some respects, I hope you're right because she's batshit crazy and doesn't really play well with anyone outside of certain RW bubbles but from my POV it doesn't really matter. It'll still be someone completely unpalatable whoever it is. I'm not really paying it that much attention if I'm completely honest.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

The only bit I’ve seen so far, was Cleverly pledging that if he becomes leader and wins an election in 5 years time, he would reinstate the Rwanda deal.

They are determined to give that country as much free money as possible. 

...only to recycle it into sponsorship for Arsenal. I smell a rat

42 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I mean, some of us were saying this two months ago while others were saying it was all about Tugendhat and how Cleverley had no chance.

(winky face)

I think you're  probably right on either having a decent chance on beating Jenrick with the members. The man is utterly harmless and graceless -and I say mean even  in comparison to Cleverly and Badenoch. 

50 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

I think you're  probably right on either having a decent chance on beating Jenrick with the members. The man is utterly harmless and graceless -and I say mean even  in comparison to Cleverly and Badenoch. 

I presume that is a typo and you mean charmless

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Tories are going to elect a Tory.

What I was saying ages before the General Election still applies

They are killing themselves, the only thing that has changed is the rise of Reform (especially amongst the young)

I still see the death spiral of the Tory Party. The first leader elected will be sitting on a poisoned throne (a la William Hague), they'll still be dealing with infighting even though they have severely curtailed numbers as the initial round of voting shows

The second leader won't get elected until after the next election at which point I still think the LibDems will potentially overtake them because of a variety of reasons including demographics

Jenrick has plenty of skeletons in the cupboard. This Tory party will still be unelectable in 5 and 10 years time IMO.

I think that's wishful thinking on your part. The Conservative party have been around since the year dot and the liberals/ lib dems haven't been the alternative since the early 1900s

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â