The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

12 hours ago, ml1dch said:

All the bit before the italics is, I think, nailed on. Not least because Farage has said that's what he plans to do. I've been saying so on these pages for yonks. 

It's the bit in italics which isn't right. "Doing a deal" isn't how this happens. This idea happens by some sort of convolted plan where Sunak, knowing that he's lost, says to Farage that once he (Sunak) has lost, the Reform Party owner gets to magically be in the Tories, (when Sunak has spend most of the last year trying to get rid of Farage-types from positions of power in the Tories), even though Sunak will be gone by then and won't have any control which toad-like like bell-ends are, or aren't admitted into the party. While in the meantime, the voters are supposed to know that this deal has happened so they all vote Tory and NOT for Farage. Meaning that all the hand-picked, non-Farage candidates that Sunak has put in place win their seats, meaning the Farage ideology is still the minority in the PCP. And while nobody would suggest that the Tory strategy is coherent, the above is stretching it a bit. 

The bit before the italics happens by hostile takeover, not merger. This happens by Farage sifting through the smoking, powerless ashes of a carpet-bombed and demoralised Tory party, taking the name and cultural heritage of the brand and pissing on the rest. 

I’m happy with that. My fear is Farage will say his party is standing down with a week to go (albeit they are still on the ballot) in order that the tories avoid wipe out - then after the tories avoid wipe out in he comes. But as said, VERY happy if the Tory annihilation is now unstoppable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I’m happy with that. My fear is Farage will say his party is standing down with a week to go (albeit they are still on the ballot) in order that the tories avoid wipe out - then after the tories avoid wipe out in he comes. But as said, VERY happy if the Tory annihilation is now unstoppable. 

My feeling if that happened is that it would tarnish both Farage and the tories (more than they already are/should be).

I’ll step aside, let the tories salvage something.

Tories still soundly beaten. Reform nowhere.

So he’d be associated with two losing parties instead of one. And he’d also look like a bit of a deserter who disappeared at the crunch. And likewise the tories are then further associated with this fickle turncoat.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

My feeling if that happened is that it would tarnish both Farage and the tories (more than they already are/should be).

I’ll step aside, let the tories salvage something.

Tories still soundly beaten. Reform nowhere.

So he’d be associated with two losing parties instead of one. And he’d also look like a bit of a deserter who disappeared at the crunch. And likewise the tories are then further associated with this fickle turncoat.

Yup. At this stage I don't see how telling all his minions to vote Tory helps him at all. It would also mean he's less likely to win his seat, and the whole thing relies on him being in the House of Commons. 

These crazies don't see any material difference between a Sunak government and a Starmer one. So whether Labour has a majority of 50 or 250, there's no benefit in "back the Tories after all so Labour doesn't have a massive majority". He doesn't care how big Starmer's majority is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

It won’t avoid the wipeout. People will still vote for the Reform candidates. Reform is fuelled as a protest vote, it would still be the same and if some of those candidates still got elected they’d still take their seats. Even if they didn’t take those seats, they’d have to resign and there’d be by-elections.

• Like 1

Farage wants a tory wipe out- and then being in place to pick up the pieces. He is used to switching parties by now. If they get sub 25% of the vote and or less than 100 seats then anything could happen post election.

57 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Of the 42 pledges in the Tories 2019 manifesto they have delivered 2.

That’s more than I expected to be fair

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, picicata said:

10 get Brexit done

It’s like the sha owners chalking down their relegation against the pledge of “get out the Championship” as a success.

• Haha 2

Â