The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'm well up for an all-nighter in the style of a Match Thread on election night.

I’ve booked the Friday off work. So I’m in

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'm well up for an all-nighter in the style of a Match Thread on election night.

Oh I’m in. Me and the missus both booked he day off on the Friday

• Like 2

His refusal to talk to any media today, I guess that’s fixed that then and it’ll all be over when he wakes up in the morning.

It’s like he instinctively knows every wrong move for every stage of the game.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

His refusal to talk to any media today, I guess that’s fixed that then and it’ll all be over when he wakes up in the morning.

It’s like he instinctively knows every wrong move for every stage of the game.

There are wild rumours out there

despondent… quitting… begging for cash 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Eurgh I can’t face a thread where if Tories win 100+ seats Labour will be called “a disgrace” and “bottlers” and “losers” and every other post will be about how the Electoral Commission got something wrong and is corrupt and how Starmer left it too late to change candidates

Look, if Labour aren’t 50 seats up by 10.15pm, I expect King Charles to walk into the dressing room at half time to sack Starmer and take charge for the remainder of the campaign.  

• Haha 1

I'm only paying attention because i want the tories to be destroyed - I wish I could share the optimism that they will, but I will have to believe it when I see it.The conditions feel right, but the country often makes a different statement to that which is predicted. Let's hope it is worse than predicted for those words removed. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bickster said:

Oh I’m in. Me and the missus both booked he day off on the Friday

I have too :mrgreen:

• Like 1

You know that tweet by Laurence Fox about Reform standing down that was a bit… odd. Well here’s something else

To save you looking it up… Andrea Jenkins, Brendan Clarke-Smith, Marco Longhi and Karl McCartney

elephant-and-mouse-on-seesaw-weight-1-4053369240.png.1eb01fcbdf12cb67840292dd146586dd.png

The sums lost though corruption and incompetance vs the costs of funding of election pledges to improve services.

17 hours ago, Jareth said:

I nearly didn't get married in 2017 cos election night. I'm also in. 

My stag was the following day.  Had to be up at 4:30 the next morning to onto the airport so tried to go to sleep straight after the exit poll.  That was a struggle after the projection of a hung parliament!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 08/06/2024 at 13:55, Jareth said:

There was plenty of talk not long ago about Farage coming back to the tories. Reform will never be the opposition regardless of how many loonies they have standing. Farage wants the tory party. And if you believe him when he says he won't do a deal - well...

All the bit before the italics is, I think, nailed on. Not least because Farage has said that's what he plans to do. I've been saying so on these pages for yonks. 

It's the bit in italics which isn't right. "Doing a deal" isn't how this happens. This idea happens by some sort of convolted plan where Sunak, knowing that he's lost, says to Farage that once he (Sunak) has lost, the Reform Party owner gets to magically be in the Tories, (when Sunak has spend most of the last year trying to get rid of Farage-types from positions of power in the Tories), even though Sunak will be gone by then and won't have any control which toad-like like bell-ends are, or aren't admitted into the party. While in the meantime, the voters are supposed to know that this deal has happened so they all vote Tory and NOT for Farage. Meaning that all the hand-picked, non-Farage candidates that Sunak has put in place win their seats, meaning the Farage ideology is still the minority in the PCP. And while nobody would suggest that the Tory strategy is coherent, the above is stretching it a bit. 

The bit before the italics happens by hostile takeover, not merger. This happens by Farage sifting through the smoking, powerless ashes of a carpet-bombed and demoralised Tory party, taking the name and cultural heritage of the brand and pissing on the rest. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2

Â