The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If Rishi resigns, what the f happens then? 

Edit - Looking more likely after the pool interview he's just given - his excuse is that his schedule was predetermined weeks ago before the general election was announced. It just doesn't make logical sense at all - he is floundering at a very serious level now - he surely can't get even to next week. 

So his excuse is weeks ago he already had an interview lined up with ITV on D-Day to discuss lying to the public during an election campaign, an election that he hadn't at the time he arranged the interview announced? sounds feasible.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If Rishi resigns, what the f happens then? 

Edit - Looking more likely after the pool interview he's just given - his excuse is that his schedule was predetermined weeks ago before the general election was announced. It just doesn't make logical sense at all - he is floundering at a very serious level now - he surely can't get even to next week. 

I don't think it would be possible, as usually doesn't it need 15% of MP's to submit a letter and as parliament is now dissolved technically there are no MP's?

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I don't think it would be possible, as usually doesn't it need 15% of MP's to submit a letter and as parliament is now dissolved technically there are no MP's?

I think the ‘rules’ are often re written when they no longer suit the desired outcome.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Ah that will be the letters of no confidence.  I'm fairly certain he can just say "screw this" and bugger off to California.  Then that will be that.  No campaigning, a skeleton Government until Keir gets the nod. 

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

That's how you get rid of him.

If he quits today, there's no precedent for what then happens. 

He won't resign though, so it's pretty academic. 

Maybe Agent Rishi is just full of so much contempt for his colleagues he wants as many of them as possible to lose their seats? A theory we haven't seen gain much traction YET

6 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Maybe Agent Rishi is just full of so much contempt for his colleagues he wants as many of them as possible to lose their seats? A theory we haven't seen gain much traction YET

It'll definitely screw Mordaunt with her reliance on the navy vote.

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

So his excuse is weeks ago he already had an interview lined up with ITV on D-Day to discuss lying to the public during an election campaign, an election that he hadn't at the time he arranged the interview announced? sounds feasible.

"I was going to abandon the D-Day ceremony for an interview with ITV even if there wasn't an election" does not appear to be a tactically genius line given the circumstances 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

What are the chances PizzaHut have him lined up for an advert, July 5th?

One last brown paper bag

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â