The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

On 05/06/2024 at 17:36, chrisp65 said:

My local tory scum has clearly saved some printing costs by not using the word conservative on his literature.

Almost suggests they are becoming self aware.

Yep just a tiny little tree on the one I got, I’m gutted I missed him doing the rounds 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Sunak apologising for leaving DDay commemorations early.

Looks like it's played particularly badly with the old people and flag-shagging Reform leaning crowd.

It shouldn’t be a surprise, but this election campaign is going as badly (if not worse) than could be imagined

Starmer’s  material for the next head to head debate writes itself 

Edited by Genie

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

It shouldn’t be a surprise, but this election campaign is going as badly (if not worse) than could be imagined

Yep. With what we've seen of this campaign and his time previously I think the conclusion we can all draw is that he's just really bad at politics and tremendously out of his depth as a party leader, prime minister and campaigner.

• Like 1

I'm not in any way a "flag shagger" at all, but I find the actions of Rishi over D-day and his empty apology truly and utterly beyond reprehensible.

Not just because he ignored the other nations and the veterans of all service men and women of all allied countries, but because he's utterly disrespectful to all those that never came home from conflict. The arrogance and self regard of him and those that advise him is beyond the pale.

He's an total and utter c u next Tuesday.

(I'm really quite passionate and emotional about this)

• Like 4

Just now, desensitized43 said:

Yep. With what we've seen of this campaign and his time previously I think the conclusion we can all draw is that he's just really bad at politics and tremendously out of his depth as a party leader, prime minister and campaigner.

Clearly doesn’t have good people (or willing people) around him to advise him either. The perfect storm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I'm not in any way a "flag shagger" at all, but I find the actions of Rishi over D-day and his empty apology truly and utterly beyond reprehensible.

Not just because he ignored the other nations and the veterans of all service men and women of all allied countries, but because he's utterly disrespectful to all those that never came home from conflict. The arrogance and self regard of him and those that advise him is beyond the pale.

Biden flew over from America to be there, and Rishi “bring back national service” buggers off back to London half way through. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

It's not a good look for sure. It's not "Prime Ministerial conduct".

I wouldn't get particularly angry about it. The dead don't care and in my view these events are always for the living and to make sure we don't forget the lessons of the past but I get what you say about the allied dead.

It would surely have been better for him electorally to be pictured shaking hands with other world leaders at such an event rather than rushing back to the UK to lie again. Did ITV have no one at the event who he could have spoken to?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Did ITV have no one at the event who he could have spoken to?

The timing of the interview was at Sunak's suggestion, nothing to do with ITV

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

The timing of the interview was at Sunak's suggestion, nothing to do with ITV

And ITV should not be dictating what and when the PM does something (especially on this type of day).

I’m almost thinking Sunak must be doing an awful job deliberately, because it makes more sense than being that bad at his job.

Just now, Nicho said:

Who takes over Sunak after this? 

Depends who is left in a seat and which wing of the party holds the balance of power.

Just now, Nicho said:

That depends who's left after this is all over.

The problem they'll have is that you think the Tory party is lacking talent now, just wait until there's been a cull of some of the longtime MP's who'll either lose or won't stand.

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Depends who is left in a seat and which wing of the party holds the balance of power.

Could be a very short list of candidates the way this going :D 

Polling in a couple of days is going to be rather amusing I think

Seriously, it could be Liz Truss vs Pritti Patel the way its going

7 minutes ago, Nicho said:

My money's on Mordaunt. 

There's another factor you don't see mentioned much. The Tories do not have their usual deep pockets and the spending threshold is much higher than in previous elections. They've sent out begging letters to members, a few big donors have said no more. More are likely to follow suit now you'd imagine. Hell Jeremy Hunt has even had to donate lots of money of his own to his own constituency. That's one angle to it but the other is that they need to spend money in seats they've never previously had to because previously safe seats are no longer safe.

It's the perfect storm, need to spend more, getting less.

Â