The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

55 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I mean even someone with a tiny brain would surely ask the following question.

If you can hit net zero by 2050 without these things.......why were you looking to do them in the first place?

After listening to The News Agents the guest they had on said the 2030 was to have a jump on investment ahead of the EU, hence why so many companies are pretty pissed off right now.

51 minutes ago, Genie said:

You’d have to assume JLR / TATA were aware of this considering the UK government have then several hundred million pounds.

I would assume nothing with this lot. 

Labour have said they will reverse the 2035 decision if(when?) they get in. 

The manufacturers are best off just ignoring what is being said and work to 2030 like before!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

The manufacturers are best off just ignoring what is being said and work to 2030 like before!

I'm sure that is what they will do. Any company, or individual for that matter, making decisions based on their being a Tory government come start of 2025 is living in cloud cuckoo land. 

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Has Sunak just announced the abolition of VAT for restaurant cooked meat? 

Looking forward to 20% off my next steak.

I don’t know, just that we won’t get getting the 7 deadly bins. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Obvious move. 

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I mean, in reality this is my recycling.

Except they left out the 8th bag, the old school black bin bag.

spacer.png

it’s not in the slightest bit difficult, but I guess there’s a fake culture war to be won

We have 3 full sized wheelie bins, and a bag.

Blue bag -> paper and card

Blue bin -> all other recycling 

Green bin -> grass / garden waste

Black bin -> everything else

I'm surprised they're not making more of the fact that the Heat Pump Grant has increased to £7,500.  That's a big deal. It would make that Cozy 6 pump from Octopus Energy virtually free for everyone even those needing major additional work. 

I'm wondering if there is a catch because it shouldn't be no more than a footnote. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

We have 3 full sized wheelie bins, and a bag.

Blue bag -> paper and card

Blue bin -> all other recycling 

Green bin -> grass / garden waste

Black bin -> everything else

It must be like a third world country over there.

We don’t have anything as uncouth as a full sized wheelie bin, it’s all smallish sacks. Which I guess is a result of having so many types that it breaks down the volume of waste.

We’re ‘allowed’ 2 black bags of just un sorted old fashioned rubbish, per 3 weeks. They’re only picked up every 3rd week and that one has proved problematic because people can’t remember the pattern. But for our house anyway, we’re not managing 2 black bags in 3 weeks, we’re putting out 1 and that’s not exactly full.

I’m sure that would be a different story if we had two little kids or something. 

It’s like everything, the system takes a little getting used to, people have complained about their right to just dump rubbish unthinkingly being lost. But over a couple of years its just normal now.

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It must be like a third world country over there.

We don’t have anything as uncouth as a full sized wheelie bin, it’s all smallish sacks. Which I guess is a result of having so many types that it breaks down the volume of waste.

We’re ‘allowed’ 2 black bags of just un sorted old fashioned rubbish, per 3 weeks. They’re only picked up every 3rd week and that one has proved problematic because people can’t remember the pattern. But for our house anyway, we’re not managing 2 black bags in 3 weeks, we’re putting out 1 and that’s not exactly full.

I’m sure that would be a different story if we had two little kids or something. 

It’s like everything, the system takes a little getting used to, people have complained about their right to just dump rubbish unthinkingly being lost. But over a couple of years its just normal now.

It’s a 2 week cycle for us so it’s easy to remember (and as the bin collection point is outside our house we can see what the neighbours have put out a full 24 hours early).

Week 1: Black 

Week 2: Blue and Green

Like you, the black bin is usually only half full at most (unless i’ve been clearing out the garage).

• Like 1

The end of the tories is accelerating if anything, surely there's a deal to be done with the anti Sunak tories and Labour to force a vote of no confidence - their only chance now is to change leader AND trigger an election, as soon as possible. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â