The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

"Here you go guys, here's a list of stuff that haven't been introducted, that we've not said that we ARE going to introduce but we can now announce that we're not going to introduce them.

Can you please like us a bit more now?"

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

It was only the UK that was 2030. France, Germany, Spain, Italy, etc was 2035. The decision to can the Fiesta and Mondeo wasn't based on UK green policy. Ford made the decision to go full EV by 2030 anyway, including in all the countries that are 2035, which is where the production lines are anyway. Ford's policy will not change on that i'm sure. 

Yeah, we're a massive market for them.  They were promised they would have an electric market here in 2030 so they've invested for that and set strategy for that.  Now we've blown their planning out of the water. They definitely set their investment and vehicle line up strategy around our 2030 date.

Now they're going to have to flog us a load of electric vehicles in a mixed market.  That wasn't what they were aiming for.

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

It was only the UK that was 2030. France, Germany, Spain, Italy, etc was 2035. The decision to can the Fiesta and Mondeo wasn't based on UK green policy. Ford made the decision to go full EV by 2030 anyway, including in all the countries that are 2035, which is where the production lines are anyway. Ford's policy will not change on that i'm sure. 

In fact why are Stellantis, who make Fiat, Vauxhall, Peugeot and Citroen says it's going to only sell zero emission new cars and vans in the UK and Europe by 2030 regardless of any delay.

Why have they picked 2030 for Europe?  They didn't need to.  They've set their strategy by our date so they don't have to, in fact physically can't make 2 sets of vehicle types 

12 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

"Here you go guys, here's a list of stuff that haven't been introducted, that we've not said that we ARE going to introduce but we can now announce that we're not going to introduce them.

Just when you think they couldn't make themselves look even more ridiculous they have once again pulled another load of bullshit out the hat. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

their innovative electricity tariffs mean they'll be much much cheaper to run than a gas boiler.

Not convinced at all by that, based on current elec and gas prices (and I'm with Octopus). Maybe in the future, though...

Anyway, was it last week or the one before where Sunak was all over "BMW have committed to build the new electric mini in the UK, rather than on the continent..." and it was based on assurances that the Gov't wouldn't shift its policy on phasing out ICE cars.

1 week later...1 **** week!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, blandy said:

Not convinced at all by that, based on current elec and gas prices (and I'm with Octopus). Maybe in the future, though...

Well we'll see.  They've clearly got something up their sleeve to mention it in the launch.

They want the transition to happen so will do whatever they can to make this an attractive offer.

Edited by sidcow

13 minutes ago, blandy said:

Anyway, was it last week or the one before where Sunak was all over "BMW have committed to build the new electric mini in the UK, rather than on the continent..." and it was based on assurances that the Gov't wouldn't shift its policy on phasing out ICE cars.

1 week later...1 **** week!

Would be hilarious but utterly tragic if JLR sent their battery factory to Spain (who have about 10 of them already) and Mini went elsewhere off the back of this.  That would be Truss levels of incompetence.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

In fact why are Stellantis, who make Fiat, Vauxhall, Peugeot and Citroen says it's going to only sell zero emission new cars and vans in the UK and Europe by 2030 regardless of any delay.

Why have they picked 2030 for Europe?  They didn't need to.  They've set their strategy by our date so they don't have to, in fact physically can't make 2 sets of vehicle types 

There is nothing stopping them from keeping to 2030, and i'm sure a lot of manufacturers will stick to that. All we've done in move in-line with our European brothers. I would imagine most cars sales will be BEV by 2030 anyway, with a small range of hybrids / ICE.

I am surprised about diesel though. I thought they might ban new diesel cars by 2030, but keep new petrol and petrol hybrid cars until 2035. 

42 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I wonder if Rishi has stopped beating his wife.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I am surprised about diesel though. I thought they might ban new diesel cars by 2030, but keep new petrol and petrol hybrid cars until 2035. 

You are surprised by a Tory decision?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

A new approach? :lol: 

It’s stuff they aren’t doing but we’re never doing anyway. Where’s the new bit?

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

I thought this was tweeted from a parody account or edited in some way, until I actually realised..

Embarrassing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MCU said:

Wonder how much of a contribution the petrol companies have made in this decision. 🙃

My guess would be little to none.

This isn't a "Tories making money for their chums" announcement, this is a "Tories moving to an election footing and saying stuff that they think will help them cling on in a couple more marginals" announcement.

• Like 2

I mean even someone with a tiny brain would surely ask the following question.

If you can hit net zero by 2050 without these things.......why were you looking to do them in the first place?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Would be hilarious but utterly tragic if JLR sent their battery factory to Spain (who have about 10 of them already) and Mini went elsewhere off the back of this.  That would be Truss levels of incompetence.

You’d have to assume JLR / TATA were aware of this considering the UK government have then several hundred million pounds.

29 minutes ago, MCU said:

Wonder how much of a contribution the petrol companies have made in this decision. 🙃

Not sure. ICE cars will still be on the road for another 30 years or so. 

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Without saying it they want people to believe this is what Labour will do if they get in.

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I mean even someone with a tiny brain would surely ask the following question.

If you can hit net zero by 2050 without these things.......why were you looking to do them in the first place?

Lets ask the man who chose 2030

boris-boris-johnson.gif

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â