The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 minute ago, Genie said:

All it needs now is for them to row back on the high speed part of HS2 for a full set.

Although, ironically, a moderately quick rail service that didnt centre on London WAS actually what was needed.

The trick was persuading people that spending £100 Billion on a fast train to London would get them nice commuter services in Dudley and Crewe, by default.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s like the subject of Brexit, it just won’t go away for good reason.

This is just an attempt to create a 2024 tax giveaway because reducing the tax burden on families will make them look good and Labour bad when they are forced to put tax up again

• Like 1

And let's not forget the important thing here.  The world is still burning.

We got away very very lucky this summer, but Christ only knows what next summer is going to bring us, and the one after that, and the one after that, and the one often that.

We may not need to worry about 2030 to 2035 because the world might already be broken by 2030 anyway.  By 2035 they'll be ordering the Navy to fire on the small boats, which will actually be pretty big boats because any part of the globe south of Paris might be uninhabitable.

Still at least Sunak has a few more fivers in his back pocket.  He can see it out in his temperate North Pole hideout with the rest of the Billionaires.

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

All it needs now is for them to row back on the high speed part of HS2 for a full set.

Ha, I wouldn't put it past Rishi Sunak to announce a 6 month target to invent the number 2. There will be a number 2 by the end of the financial year. And that is what he should be judged on.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

They seriously need to finally do the decent thing and draw a line under this shit show and let absolutely anyone else have a go.

We can’t carry on like this for another year.

I think there was a survey out in the last few days that claimed that 90% of the population, including 65% of Tory voters wanted a "new leadership for the country"

Only caught it as a fleeting thing, don't know it's provenance but it seemed to ring true

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This delay is a load of bollocks and totally unnecessary.

It is a load of bollocks, it designed to dupe some people into voting Tory, problem is, the people it will appeal to are the people who are still voting Tory anyway.

(I agree with your assessment btw)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Octopus Energy have NOW released a heat pump for a typical 3 bedroom house that is FREE to install with the Government grant where no changes are required and will be £3k where changes to the house are needed, so what £500 or so more than a gas boiler?  And their innovative electricity tariffs mean they'll be much much cheaper to run than a gas boiler.

Side note to your overall post, but thanks for highlighting this, I'll be all over it if I am eligible

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Side note to your overall post, but thanks for highlighting this, I'll be all over it if I am eligible

Octopus Cosy 6.  was revealed last week.

It's a high temperature heat pump as well so should run as hot as a gas boiler.

If your insulation is OK, Radiators OK and you've already got a hot water tank, it should be free.

A mixture of the above improvements should cost up to £3k.  I believe a new gas boiler is about £2.5k currently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have to laugh at the latest Tory slogan on the front of where Sunak is giving his speech from 'Long Term Decisions for a Brighter Future'.

Every decision they have made over the last 13 years has stuck another nail in this country's coffin and now they have the brass neck to go with a slogan suggesting they are capable of delivering a brighter future. Deluded jokers. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If your insulation is OK, Radiators OK and you've already got a hot water tank, it should be free.

A mixture of the above improvements should cost up to £3k.  

There's the rub for people like me. Rads will need replacing, no hot water tank, but the big one is insulation. I live in a big stone-built house, dating from 1910. No cavity walls, large attic but tiny loft. Proper insulation is next to impossible. 

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

There's the rub for people like me. Rads will need replacing, no hot water tank, but the big one is insulation. I live in a big stone-built house, dating from 1910. No cavity walls, large attic but tiny loft. Proper insulation is next to impossible. 

Look into Veritherm for heat loss calls and heat pump sizing - the heat loss on a stone house might be lower than you expect (especially  with decent draught  proofing)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Well yes, Ford for example have already stopped making Mondeo and Fiesta and also have (or are about to) stop making The Focus as they are reconfiguring manufacturing facilities for Electric. So if @Genie wanted more evidence of the timescales there it is.

They can't now row back on that and start making Mondeo and Fiesta again for a few more years. The ships sailed. 

So that massive investment and they can't sell their ICE cars and they'll have ICE competition for their new EV'S. nice one Sunak, I bet they're delighted. 

It was only the UK that was 2030. France, Germany, Spain, Italy, etc was 2035. The decision to can the Fiesta and Mondeo wasn't based on UK green policy. Ford made the decision to go full EV by 2030 anyway, including in all the countries that are 2035, which is where the production lines are anyway. Ford's policy will not change on that i'm sure. 

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Octopus Cosy 6.  was revealed last week.

It's a high temperature heat pump as well so should run as hot as a gas boiler.

A mixture of the above improvements should cost up to £3k.  I believe a new gas boiler is about £2.5k currently.

Personally, I think there is currently a deliberate ignorance in government about how technically diffficult it will be to insulate a vast swathe of the UK’s housing stock.

Getting house insulation to the standard of ‘ok’ isn’t going to happen in the next 10 or 15 years. Not even close.

Doubtless this will be shock breaking news in 2029.

A bit like the shock of finding that concrete with a 30 year lifespan has reached the end of its life 30 years later.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â