The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

The dragon has already started that line. BBC

Rwanda policy: Suella Braverman says plan to stop the boats is being held back

And waiting lists can't be halved because of the strikes.

It's all everybody else's fault

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The seemingly endless escalation of incompetence in the office of the Prime Minister we saw from May, to Johnson to Truss is nothing compared to the seemingly endless escalation of evil that we've seen in the Home Office from May, to Patel to Braverman.

I think they have completely misread the room on the Rwanda thing though, barely anyone thinks it’s a good idea but they are relentlessly pushing it.

I guess it’s because they don’t have any other ideas.

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think they have completely misread the room on the Rwanda thing though, barely anyone thinks it’s a good idea but they are relentlessly pushing it.

I guess it’s because they don’t have any other ideas.

They've read the room exactly right. The only voice they are listening to are their members, their paymasters. 

The whole world knows they're losing the next election so they're not bothered what the electorate thinks, they just want to please the people who will put them forward as their candidate at the next election so they have to keep pushing the crazy policies. 

What is it that turned Braverman in to such a bitter nasty little person? Was it the immigrant parents? Was it the free university education? Or was it the 2 years she spent in France as part of the EU Erasmus scheme?

Somebody that said their ‘dream’ was to deport people. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

What is it that turned Braverman in to such a bitter nasty little person? Was it the immigrant parents? Was it the free university education? Or was it the 2 years she spent in France as part of the EU Erasmus scheme?

spacer.png

Theres a universe, a good universe, a better universe, where this photo is followed by another taken a second later of her being Spartan kicked over the railing.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bickster said:

This Helen Wheatley MP on QT is hilariously bad

It shows you the lack of decent MP's/ministers in the Tories that she is often wheeled out. I can remember her frequently getting ripped a new one during interviews in the first few months of covid. She is a gift for opposition parties though.

Edited by markavfc40

54 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

Strictly speaking she said her dream was to see The Torygraph front page reporting that people had been deported.

Which to me suggests she all in on this for her own promotional purposes. And that's even worse.

She's a gaping arsehole.

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

It shows you the lack of decent MP's/ministers in the Tories that she is often wheeled out. I can remember her frequently getting ripped a new one during interviews in the first few months of covid. She is a gift for opposition parties though.

She's that one person every friend group has who is so gullible you can tell them anything on a night out and they'll completely believe you.

Except right now she's surrounded by evil sociopaths instead of people telling her sweetbread is a type of cake.

• Like 2

Fiona Bruce said something last night on QT to Rosena Allin-Khan which was quite unusual it was along the lines of…

”Very soon, in the next year or so, Labour will be in power, so what are Labour going to do…”

It wasn’t expect to be in power, hope to be in power it was will be in power. Now obviously she'll get told off by the producers and it was a bit of a slip up on the old bias-o-meter but it also went unchallenged like it was some sort of universal truth. It’s a little thing but it does show how people currently think that it didn’t raise an eyebrow, from anyone

Also, the terribly patronising woman from Tufton St was awful but even she didn’t try to justify the Rwanda policy, she was against it. She was also very bad at trying to explain why a Nationalised Water industry was bad.

When you consider the way that QT audiences are composed by the BBC and their in built bias towards the current government (whoever that is at the time) there weren't exactly many people planning to be Tory voters in that audience and for them to be seemingly totally in favour of water nationalisation and absolutely opposed to the immigration policy also says a lot about how public opinion has genuinely swung away from where it used to be.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

My opinion is that if you’re a person of colour in a Tory party with a large number of people who you could kindly describe as a bit prejudice and if you were being unkind are outright racists there’s a temptation if you’re looking for approval that you have to prove your credentials.

I think that’s what’s going on with people like braverman and Patel. They’ve got to work a little bit harder and be that much more extreme to be accepted into the club.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Fight, fight etc.

This is Lord Zac Goldsmith, Johnson ally, friend of Johnson's wife, recently enobled in Johnson's honours list and yesterday named in the Privileges Committee report as trying to interfere in the Johnson partygate probe in a co-ordinated attempt with other former ministers (Patel, JRM et al)

As much as what he says is true, this government (as pointed out by an audience member on QT) is uninterested in doing anything about absolutely most things, apart from small boats unless they really have to

He was absolutely fine with it two days ago but the day after he was named by the PC he's resigning.... hmmmm

But yes, carry on fighting you bunch of arseholes, keep digging a bigger hole

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

This is Lord Zac Goldsmith, Johnson ally, friend of Johnson's wife, recently enobled in Johnson's honours list and yesterday named in the Privileges Committee report as trying to interfere in the Johnson partygate probe in a co-ordinated attempt with other former ministers (Patel, JRM et al)

As much as what he says is true, this government (as pointed out by an audience member on QT) is uninterested in doing anything about absolutely most things, apart from small boats unless they really have to

He was absolutely fine with it two days ago but the day after he was named by the PC he's resigning.... hmmmm

But yes, carry on fighting you bunch of arseholes, keep digging a bigger hole

Ordinarily I'd be really happy to have massive Tory in fighting but we've got massive structural problems in the country that as you point out rhe government isn't interested in fixing. I'm really not sure the country can wait 12 months for a change of government.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â