The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

And to add to that Johnson is demanding that  Bernard Jenkin resign from the Privileges Ctte because he went to a drinks party hosted by the Deputy Speaker when London had been in Tier 2 lockdown restrictions

You go down fighting Johnson, and keep on keeping on :crylaugh: 

Just now, bickster said:

And to add to that Johnson is demanding that  Bernard Jenkin resign from the Privileges Ctte because he went to a drinks party hosted by the Deputy Speaker when London had been in Tier 2 lockdown restrictions

You go down fighting Johnson, and keep on keeping on :crylaugh: 

What a week, both Trump and Poundland Trump using the same defence of “you can’t punish me when you did it too” :lol: 

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Need to f*** the house of Lords off, just a bunch of toffs who wouldnt know the price of a loaf of bread.

Well yes quite but what have they done to specifically annoy you this minute?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

So that's why Nadine is hanging around.

Making things massively uncomfortable for Sunak over a period of weeks or even months is definitely the best thing she's ever done in her life.

Well, I doubt she knows this but according to the .gov website, information related to peerages are exempt from both the privacy policy and SARs :D 

Damn pesky European GDPR laws :crylaugh: 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

What a sad and desperate person Dorries is. Begging for her peerage so promised to her by her idol.

Or keeping her seat warm for him?

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

Or keeping her seat warm for him?

I'd be curious as to the mechanism at which Johnson would be planning to use to get himself on the CCHQ-controlled approved candidates list once he's done setting fire to everything. 

7 hours ago, ml1dch said:

I'd be curious as to the mechanism at which Johnson would be planning to use to get himself on the CCHQ-controlled approved candidates list once he's done setting fire to everything. 

I don't think he has a way back into the Tory party. I suspect the most likely outcome is that he'll go and write newspaper articles and go speaking at various right leaning places here in the US and be paid a load of money for doing so.

If he really fancied being involved again I think his only way would be to get involved with one of the Reform or Reclaim pseudofascist parties.

7 hours ago, ml1dch said:

There’s a distinct difference between Johnson/Dorries world and reality

Today is report day isn’t it? 
Should make for interesting reading.

I assume the conclusion is along the lines of “you’d have to be one of the stupidest people in the country to believe you weren’t breaking the rules when you were the person writing the rules and cascading them to others”. 

He knew, and he lied, repeatedly & recklessly.

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Today is report day isn’t it? 
Should make for interesting reading.

I assume the conclusion is along the lines of “you’d have to be one of the stupidest people in the country to believe you weren’t breaking the rules when you were the person writing the rules and cascading them to others”. 

He knew, and he lied, repeatedly & recklessly.

He’s not a complicated creature.

Enter a room, say whatever you have to say to make it all ok regardless of whether it’s true or actually believe what you just said, enter next room, say whatever you’ve got to say even if it contradicts the thing you said in the last room, repeat.

The problem is in most areas of business life being a massive bullshitter is on the whole kind of seen as a good thing. It even worked fantastically for him as a politician on the campaign trail because whatever room he was in he said whatever the audience wanted to hear.

He’s probably never had a situation where it’s actually mandated that he can’t knowingly lie. It must have come as a massive shock to have his bullshit called out in such a public and embarrassing way.

• Like 2

Stand back; a committee of MPs has said Boris Johnson mislead MPs, then mislead a committee, then tried to undermine the democratic process. 

Boris Johnson has called this a “charade”. 

But the conclusions are considerably worse than many expected.

Link

More than half of those on the committee were Tories too. 

What a result!

19 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Reports out.

As expected, he lied.

90 day suspension recommended...not that it matters anymore.

Also recommends that he should not receive a former member's pass - so de facto banned from the Commons.

Very funny stuff. Let's hope he doesn't go quietly. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â