The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

JRM will certainly be ITK on Boris’s next moves, today he’s warning the Conservatives not to block his return if he seeks to run in another constituency. 

Maybe the rumours about taking Dorries seat have some substance.

I am outside the tent pissing in so I don't get it. If he has resigned and if he is looking to stand in Dorries seat, if that's the case is it only because it's safer? Is that the only reason? If that's the only reason doesn't he think it looks really dumb, resign one month and then announce that you are standing. I don't get it. 

If it was the plan then it’s a mess now. It was rumoured months ago, ND steps down to accept her peerage, BJ moves into her safer seat.

Now she has quit at the wrong time and she didn’t get the peerage what’s in it for her? BJ’s power is diminishing by the day. 

What a hilarious mess 

just absolutely speechless. Some of this lot couldn’t be more right wing without descending into the far right. 

I wonder what these people actually want? Far right governance? 

30 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

just absolutely speechless. Some of this lot couldn’t be more right wing without descending into the far right. 

A couple of things.

There's a cadre of right wingers that entirely believe the second you have any government intervention in life (at least the bits they don't benefit from - they're nothing if not hypocrites) that that isn't a right wing government. So help for energy bills, anything but the bare minimum of support for the poor/unfortunate, etc etc. Compassion is a left wing word.

There's also the appeal, for some, of the right on tough guy attitude. It makes them feel good to front up to other people's troubles and insist they just get over it, and any government position that isn't in line with that tough nut posing isn't conservative. So all the shittiness of life in the UK at the moment is more a symptom of government acknowledging at all it then it is that things are shit. This also ties into the culture war shit which directly contradicts lots of classic conservative standpoints head on.

As ever, these are held by those who are alright.

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

No wonder that knob head Harwood was laughing as I bet he can't believe there are still people thick and gullible enough who want more of the same and some. 

Imagine a prick like this was your dad, brother, son or husband you'd be disowning him. 

I wonder how many of the flag shagging Jacob Rees-Farage Brexiteer types under the age of fifty would like to see a readoption of pre-decimal currency? 

Episode 637 of “Boris Johnson tries to bend the rules”

Rishi Sunak has accused Boris Johnson of asking him to "overrule" a panel tasked with vetting his appointments to the House of Lords.

The House of Lords Appointments Commission (HOLAC) has confirmed it rejected eight of the former prime minister's nominations.

Mr Sunak said Mr Johnson asked him to overrule them, or "make promises to people".

But he said he refused, adding it was "something I wasn't prepared to do".

"I wasn't prepared to do that, I didn't think that was right. And if people don't like that, then tough," he told a tech conference in London.

The intervention marks a new point in an escalating war of words over Mr Johnson's controversial resignation honours list.

link

Edited by Genie

21 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I wonder how many of the flag shagging Jacob Rees-Farage Brexiteer types under the age of fifty would like to see a readoption of pre-decimal currency? 

In all fairness, Christmas puddings have never been the same since they introduced this new Funny money.

• Haha 1

Latest yougov poll was scathing of the Tories as usual.

Did Mad Nads deserve a peerage? 87% No

Do you support or oppose JRM receiving a knighthood? 85% Oppose

Do you support or oppose Patel receiving a Damehood? 86% Oppose

Do you think BoJo had more of a positive or negative impact on UK politics? 81% negative

Why do you think BoJo resigned? 84% to avoid being forced to resign later on.

Are you happy or unhappy BoJo resigned? 78% happy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Latest yougov poll was scathing of the Tories as usual.

Did Mad Nads deserve a peerage? 87% No

Do you support or oppose JRM receiving a knighthood? 85% Oppose

Do you support or oppose Patel receiving a Damehood? 86% Oppose

Do you think BoJo had more of a positive or negative impact on UK politics? 81% negative

Why do you think BoJo resigned? 84% to avoid being forced to resign later on.

Are you happy or unhappy BoJo resigned? 78% happy.

And yet the bluffer still thinks he is the second coming of Churchill and can have a glorious comeback.

He will just have to settle for some good old-fashioned grifting in the after-dinner circuit and knocking out crappy articles to the spectator again. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â