The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

As we verge on returning to austerity I suspect there will be more collateral damage. Oh well. 

Over 330,000 excess deaths in Great Britain linked to austerity, finds study

Research comes as government signals fresh round of public spending cuts

More than 330,000 excess deaths in Great Britain in recent years can be attributed to spending cuts to public services and benefits introduced by a UK government pursuing austerity policies, according to an academic study.

The authors of the study suggest additional deaths between 2012 and 2019 – prior to the Covid pandemic – reflect an increase in people dying prematurely after experiencing reduced income, ill-health, poor nutrition and housing, and social isolation.

Previously improving mortality trends started to change for the worse after austerity policies introduced in 2010 when tens of billions of pounds began to be cut from public spending by the Tory-led coalition government, the study said.

The study, published in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, found there were 334,327 excess deaths beyond the expected number in England, Wales and Scotland over the eight-year period.

The findings come as the current Conservative government signalled a fresh round of major public spending reductions after the financial crisis precipitated by its mini-budget, including proposals to impose a real-terms cut to benefits for millions of working-age people.

Over 330000 excess deaths linked to austerity

4 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Although apparently Heather Small's son was elected as a Labour councillor earlier this year, so maybe she'll sue the shit out of them as well. 

I remember when the Tories mocked up the London Calling album cover in their 2019 campaign.  I imagine Joe (or the rest of the band for that matter) would have loved that. 

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I remember when the Tories mocked up the London Calling album cover in their 2019 campaign.  I imagine Joe (or the rest of the band for that matter) would have loved that. 

Being as the design was originally the cover of Elvis Presley's eponymously titled debut album, I doubt they could say much

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Must be pretty simple to write a speech for this lot, just reel off everything that’s fecked in the country, say you’re going to improve it all but add no substance whatsoever as to how. 

Make Britain Great Again, duh!

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I thought it wasn't that version? (I'm not watching it). 

It was that version (M People) used. 

I was half listening to the speech. I would have described it as "style over substance", without any style. 

• Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â