The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I really, really **** hate this government. That mini budget might cost me my house. 

I genuinely really feel for you mate. You're just an irrelevant piece of collateral damage to these bastards though. Pre election though they will be trying to convince you it is all the fault of those on benefits, those brown people risking their lives crossing the channel in dinghies, the unions trying to get better pay for workers, the Labour government that hasn't been in power since 2010............ anyone other than themselves. 

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I really, really **** hate this government. That mini budget might cost me my house. 

The markets are settling down. Hold firm, we’ll get back to something resembling normality in due course.

7 hours ago, bickster said:

Today, I have heard Tory MPs at war with their Prime Minister because they want the government to keep benefits in line with inflation. That is a fairly surreal experience at my time of life but now I'm convinced someone has indeed slipped me a tab of acid. An energy extraction company asking the Conservative Government to windfall tax them in order to keep poor people warm this winter

Satire and parody has been dead in politics for some time, now we really are in the realm of the surreal

Pass me another microdot

Does seem a bit like a PR move from Shell after they made ridiculous amounts of profits this year. If they want to protect poorer people from spiralling energy costs then surely the easier thing would be to drop their prices? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Does seem a bit like a PR move from Shell after they made ridiculous amounts of profits this year. If they want to protect poorer people from spiralling energy costs then surely the easier thing would be to drop their prices? 

They don’t control the prices though, that’s the issue.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

They don’t control the prices though, that’s the issue.

They set their own prices and have made billions in profits so they can clearly have reduce their own to try and pass savings on. 

Just now, Rds1983 said:

They set their own prices and have made billions in profits so they can clearly have reduce their own to try and pass savings on. 

They don’t set the price of oil or gas. It’s set by the global market place. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

They set the prices at their forecourts and haven't been dropping those to protect poor people and help them save money. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Shell do set the price, within the limits of what the market dictates and their budgets. They are more than welcome to take a hit on their bottom line and sell their product cheaper and shout from the rooftops about petrol stations and individual franchises ripping us off by putting a premium on a Shell made product. 

Instead of doing that, it seems like massive corporations are now trying to suck up to the left wingers across the world to show how humanitarian they are. They can f off in my opinion. If you want to help the poorest, demand for your franchises to sell petrol cheaper. I am not a left winger, but I am amazed how money grabbing corporations now seem to set out they PR to please the idealists while in fact they bend them over on daily basis. But yeah, Shell looks soooo good by saying 'tax us, tax us!'. 

44 minutes ago, Genie said:

Truss’s face whilst her rap sheet is read out to her :crylaugh: 

One thing that strikes me, is that as a politician she is actually really experienced. Videos of her being politically engaged as youth at the Lib Dem conference are well known but she’s been an MP for 12 years, 10 of which she has been a part of the government in one way or another. She should know how to do things properly and have picked up some of the tactics of her predecessors.

What this (and every action to date) shows,  is actually she is completely and utterly inept at the job. She either hasn’t paid attention, can’t be bothered or is actually really, really stupid.

Just give me more of the Tory infighting, the only way it would be better if they weren’t actually in power and screwing over the country.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â