The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

6 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

That one mention of “online identifiers” in GDPR carries a lot of weight, and GDPR / EPD are designed as interlocking pieces of legislation anyway.

Yes but the point is, doing away with the GDPR will not stop cookie notices, the notices themselves are part of the EPD not the GDPR

I deal with this daily in work. The government as usual are talking out of their hoop.

• Like 2

One hundred days ago

Boris Johnson has said he is "actively thinking" about a third term, amid criticism of his leadership.

The prime minister was asked if he would like to serve a full second term in office - to 2028 or 2029.

"At the moment I'm thinking actively about the third term and what could happen then, but I will review that when I get to it," he told reporters

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

She’s performing EXACTLY as expected.

Same for Boris when he was elected. 

I don’t trust them to close ranks when it gets to the crunch. I’ll believe that when I see it.

However this is going much worse and quicker than I expected, not that I am complaining :popcorn:

• Like 1

I am genuinely shocked the wheels are coming off this quickly. I thought the public would turn on them much more before they turned on each other.

She clearly doesn’t understand how politics and the media work. She’s generated a negative headline here for no reason.

Yes, of course I trust the chancellor = end of story. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Yes but the point is, doing away with the GDPR will not stop cookie notices, the notices themselves are part of the EPD not the GDPR

I deal with this daily in work. The government as usual are talking out of their hoop.

Yeah I mean my point wasn't related to whether the govt were talking any sense (as I said, should be reformed at the EU level, with UK inside the EU).

As to you dealing with this daily in work. So do lots of people, that's the nature of such a big piece of all-encompassing legislation. The problem is the effort required to understand it for, in many cases, relatively little impact.

IMO (I run a small B2B business and am the point of contact with the ICO), business / public sphere presences shouldn't qualify as "personal" data. It's an excessive definition of personal / private that gets in the way of everyday business. Of course there are provisions for "legitimate interest", but then you run into the issue of not being a legal professional, and not having the budget to pay someone who has legal expertise to make judgment calls. So if you are an ethical business you err on the side of caution. If you are an unethical business you just throw caution to the wind, knowing that the law is mostly not enforced (and probably unenforceable) at your level.

That doesn't mean I have any sympathy with what the Tories are proposing. I was just saying that imo GDPR is well-intentioned, but poorly conceived / enforced, and needs reform. I'd rather that happened at the EU level.

Edit: and to @Rds1983's point, yes there are loads of good, effective things in GDPR as well. Not denying that.

Edited by KentVillan

34 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I was just saying that imo GDPR is well-intentioned, but poorly conceived / enforced, and needs reform. I'd rather that happened at the EU level.

I think it's more poorly funded on a national level (The ICO is by no means the worst funded national body but even so is chronically underfunded) than poorly conceived. If the funding was in place to enforce, the national bodies could start at the very top of the tree and compliance would fall into place further down the scale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

She got absolutely roasted in this interview.

I could see her die inside when she was asked if she had a mortgage because she knew where it was going.

Edited by AshVilla

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Yep, like she does most times. The telling thing about that interview is the rapid blinking of the eyes.

If it was a job interview, she's never get it. Blinking eyes like that are either a sign of lying or a sign of not being able to take the pressure. Either way, you're in the reject pile.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I could see her die inside when she was asked if she had a mortgage because she knew where it was going.

Here is that question.

I know it’s going to be bad, but somehow I’m still surprised at how bad it is. Beth Rigby may as well have grown an extra head judging by Truss’ immediate reaction. 

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Here is that question.

I know it’s going to be bad, but somehow I’m still surprised at how bad it is. Beth Rigby may as well have grown an extra head judging by Truss’ immediate reaction. 

She's almost the opposite of Boris in interviews. Boris seemed like he didn't think and just said stupid stuff that would come back to bite him.

Truss seems to be so worried about doing something like that that she ends up saying nothing at all. It's so awkward.

I'm not sure what is worse

• Like 1

I’m almost willing Truss to tell small lies to make it less awkward to watch. 

Not answering the questions about trusting Kwarteng or renewing her mortgage made it painful viewing for not real benefit.

Yes, I trust the chancellor.

No, I have not renewed my mortgage recently.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â