The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

I'm not ashamed to say this latest finance stuff is going way over my head, I know it's not good. 

There are some people posting in hear that clearly understand this a lot better then I has anyone got a bit of an idiots breakdown of what's happening

Just now, phily85 said:

I'm not ashamed to say this latest finance stuff is going way over my head, I know it's not good. 

There are some people posting in hear that clearly understand this a lot better then I has anyone got a bit of an idiots breakdown of what's happening

We’re all totally f**ked.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

This is just Truss completely changing tack mid Parliament with no mandate whatsoever. A complete car crash.

She's like Homer Simpson being given free rein to press random buttons at the nuclear reactor, just to see what will happen. 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Good work Tory voters.

Nah, i doubt pension funds were going insolvent 4 days after a run on a currency. 

Any pension funds will have diversified globally, so they'll be have part of their portfolio in dollars which will offset any losses in £.

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

She's like Homer Simpson being given free rein to press random buttons at the nuclear reactor, just to see what will happen. 

I’ll push her buttons 

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I've shamelessly stolen that MJM :D

34 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Nah. You vote for a party, not a Prime Minister. As they are usually comfortable telling us when they change leader.

If the "vote a party not a PM" line is good enough in times when it suits them, they their voters can also own their vote when the party that they vote for sets a bomb off under the country. 

It's not as if the last six years haven't provided enough clues that they are party of deranged lunatics. 

You vote for a party and its manifesto. What is really unusual about Truss is that she has gone for an almost polar opposite policy approach to her predecessor, and ostracised about 70% of the party, so yes it’s unusual. But thanks for explaining that we vote for a party (I know).

The point is that when (eg) Major took over from Thatcher, or Brown took over from Blair, or May took over from Cameron, we didn’t actually see enormous U-turns on core areas of policy - and usually this kind of thing is the impetus for an election, so that the new PM can get a popular mandate for their policy prospectus.

What has happened under Truss is truly bizarre. We haven’t seen such a sudden change of direction probably in most of our lifetimes. People point to the Barber budget in 1972, but Heath (PM) and Barber (Chancellor) had fought and won an election together in 1970. There was a mandate there for it, to some extent.

As much as I think voting Tory is stupid, I don’t think any Tory voter in 2019 could have reasonably expected that something like this would happen. Bear in mind the MPs they elected wanted Sunak to replace Johnson.

This is why party members shouldn’t pick leaders.

• Like 1

The financial secretary to the Treasury has said the government will not take responsibility for the financial storm hitting the UK following the chancellor's mini-budget on Friday. 

I don't know who is more of a bullshitter this guy or Putin.

The country is being run by someone who appears as though she'd be more suited to taking arm-outstretched-above-her-head selfies in a Wetherspoon's toilet, which she forgot to flush, so there's a massive floater she's unaware of. 

How?  How did it come to this?  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

You vote for a party and its manifesto. What is really unusual about Truss is that she has gone for an almost polar opposite policy approach to her predecessor, and ostracised about 70% of the party, so yes it’s unusual. But thanks for explaining that we vote for a party (I know).

The point is that when (eg) Major took over from Thatcher, or Brown took over from Blair, or May took over from Cameron, we didn’t actually see enormous U-turns on core areas of policy - and usually this kind of thing is the impetus for an election, so that the new PM can get a popular mandate for their policy prospectus.

What has happened under Truss is truly bizarre. We haven’t seen such a sudden change of direction probably in most of our lifetimes. People point to the Barber budget in 1972, but Heath (PM) and Barber (Chancellor) had fought and won an election together in 1970. There was a mandate there for it, to some extent.

As much as I think voting Tory is stupid, I don’t think any Tory voter in 2019 could have reasonably expected that something like this would happen. Bear in mind the MPs they elected wanted Sunak to replace Johnson.

Let's be honest, one hell of a lot of people only voted Tory last time out because they wanted cuddly Boris to get their Brexit sorted.  A lot of them probably gave little thought to what the rest of their policies would actually mean for them, and certainly wouldn't have voted for the shit show we now have.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Yes in theory. But I bet than less than 1% of the population actually read any of the manifestos. It is personality led, presidential politics , grafted onto an ancient parliamentary system. The last election was framed as Johnson v Corbyn.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â