The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Starmer is trying to get into power by stealth. Not giving the Daily Mail anything to get their teeth into and destroy him. 

The thing is there's a huge amount of voters who don't realise or want to realise the mess we're in partly because of the lies spouted by the Brexit crew. 

I wonder what boost we would have if by some miracle we rejoined the EU or at least the trading block?

With each decision made by this government it makes the UK a less attractive place to live for the bright young things of today.

I'm not sure what can pull us out of this mess but these morons we have as politicians don't seem to have a hell in hopes chance of  giving us the answers. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'd like it slide with Blair for the first few years, for the same reason I would Cameron against Miliband - most of the shadow cabinet were part of that last government. At this point though, after 12 years, it's more than a bit ridiculous when the majority of the last Labour government haven't been on the front benches for years.

I think Yvette Cooper might be the last member of Brown's cabinet still active on the Labour frontbench

Agreed you can get away with it maybe a couple years after. But 12 years after is absolutely ridiculous.

Just get on with the job and stop blaming the previous government 1w years later 

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

It doesn’t take much for it to stick.

We’ll see. For it (any of this stuff) to stick it has to have an appearance of credibility with people. Governments that have been in power a long time, blaming the opposition tend not to get that benefit.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I just rewatched that question and the part you’ve quoted is not after the point I was referring to.

When she blamed labour for not implementing nuclear stations he completely side stepped it and reverted to his previous point about the bill being picked up by ordinary people

She was let off the hook, like SKR used to do weekly with BJ.

It would be perfectly valid (imo) to make the point that blaming the party in power 12 years ago for todays troubles was ridiculous. The Tories could have reversed Labours policies at any time since 2010.

Starmer constantly let Boris off the hook is deep down he knows that it would be a disaster if labour got in, mainly because of what they'd have to deal with. The energy crisis, brexit etc. I'm convinced it's why Theresa May went out to destroy her election campaign despite having a huge majority when she announced the election. She didn't want to have to deal with Brexit. It's the chalice that no party want's to deal with. It's why Starmer is soft on the opposition. Do enough to voice a concern but not enough to make labour electable.

49 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Starmer can't spook the horses. As a result he doesn't really do much of anything.

He can't do anything meaningful unless Labour get elected. Labour won't get elected by spooking the horses. I think therefore he is as he is at least in part by tactical choice (and part by nature). I mean it's not kind of my preference, which is more the kind of Angela Rayner type of attitude and approach, but we'll see.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

He can't do anything meaningful unless Labour get elected. Labour won't get elected by spooking the horses. I think therefore he is as he is at least in part by tactical choice (and part by nature). I mean it's not kind of my preference, which is more the kind of Angela Rayner type of attitude and approach, but we'll see.

That's ok but we have a populist electorate that need someone to fight for them, one way or another. It wouldn't take much for another party to form and challenge the traditional 2 and divide the electorate. Fingers crossed, if it happens, they have honourable intentions.

A Boris, Farage type party would be very electable to large sections of the voting masses. 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, tinker said:

It wouldn't take much for another party to form and challenge the traditional 2 and divide the electorate.

77 years of Postwar history says this is nonsense. I wish it wasn't

Just go to the Wiki List of current UK parties registered with the electoral commision. There are currently 408 registered political parties in the UK

The Electoral Commission's Register of Political Parties[1] lists the details of political parties registered to fight elections in the United Kingdom, including their registered name. Under current electoral law, including the Registration of Political Parties Act 1998, the Electoral Administration Act 2006, and the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000, only registered party names can be used on ballot papers by those wishing to fight elections. Candidates who do not belong to a registered party can use "independent" or no label at all. As of 2 August 2019, the Electoral Commission showed the number of registered political parties in Great Britain and Northern Ireland as 408

You think another party is going to make a difference?

1 hour ago, bickster said:

77 years of Postwar history says this is nonsense. I wish it wasn't

Just go to the Wiki List of current UK parties registered with the electoral commision. There are currently 408 registered political parties in the UK

You think another party is going to make a difference?

Reminds me of the XKCD classic

k0jjdkl.png

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Genie said:

What the hell is “clear blue water”?

Not even they seem to know judging by how off the first example is compared to the others. My guess is they're trying to use it in the same was as "daylight" between their positions and conjure up imagery of sewage pouring into the water under the tories but...This is not how normal people communicate. 

Edit: I misread which thread I'm in. Probably almost that, but the opposite of that :D 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I believe its the sort of water countries have when they don’t pump shit and tampons into their rivers.

Specifically EU countries that don’t have the same freedoms that we have I assume.

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Sits beneath the blue sky thinking. 

OG-AA344_Pregna_G_20131028215731.jpg

Clear Blue make pregnancy tests, so clear blue water must be piss.

Liz Truss has put “piss” between her and Keir Starmer. I guess it’s one way of being left alone.

13 hours ago, Chindie said:

Starmer can't spook the horses. As a result he doesn't really do much of anything.

He does a fantastic impression of a little kid wanting his go on the PlayStation though.  It is 12 years becasue Labour are not good enough,  sneaky enough or politically competent enough to get into power.  

Do we need him popping up telling us how long it is since Labour had a go ?  He is relying on pity more than anything now.  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â