The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I realise now how disaffected I was - it’s such fresh air now. 

Same, a like a breath of fresh air has blown through the house on a muggy day. 

• Like 3

Really enjoying all the times/daily mail columnists spouting the usual crap but knowing that they 100% have lost all influence in anything. 

• Like 2

Surprisingly quiet in the supermarket today, so I had time to chat with the Serbian lass on the checkout about the fortunes of our respective football teams. She also expressed delight at the demise of the Tories. Risky to talk politics with customers, but I guess I must look like a fellow traveller. 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Surprisingly quiet in the supermarket today, so I had time to chat with the Serbian lass on the checkout about the fortunes of our respective football teams. She also expressed delight at the demise of the Tories. Risky to talk politics with customers, but I guess I must look like a fellow traveller. 

Serbian lass sounds fit 

Not going to lie, I haven’t rejoiced yet. I don’t feel like rejoicing. The amount Reform got in votes took the shine off it for me. It just felt like they gave a voice to the racists, the xenophobes, those weird people that hung around parliament in high vis jackets and said you are the normal ones, don’t listen to what they say.

I have mentioned my tory mate in a few posts, he told me on Thursday he voted Reform. This is my best mate and I feel like our friendship may have run its cause. I don’t speak to my brother partially due to his politics so why should I make allowances for others. 

So yeah, should be happy with a Labour win but its not there for me. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Not going to lie, I haven’t rejoiced yet. I don’t feel like rejoicing. The amount Reform got in votes took the shine off it for me. It just felt like they gave a voice to the racists, the xenophobes, those weird people that hung around parliament in high vis jackets and said you are the normal ones, don’t listen to what they say.

I have mentioned my tory mate in a few posts, he told me on Thursday he voted Reform. This is my best mate and I feel like our friendship may have run its cause. I don’t speak to my brother partially due to his politics so why should I make allowances for others. 

Is he racist ?  Not all Reform voters are racist. This is your best mate but because he’s voted Reform you think the relationship is over. I’m gathering he’s not racist because he wouldn’t have been your best mate to start with. I honestly find this staggering that you’d end a friendship over this. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Is he racist ?  Not all Reform voters are racist. This is your best mate but because he’s voted Reform you think the relationship is over. I’m gathering he’s not racist because he wouldn’t have been your best mate to start with. I honestly find this staggering that you’d end a friendship over this. 

He was always a Tory, as he has a business as well as a job their policies and attitude suited him. But yes, he has always been anti immigrant as a lot of people in my town are. It didn’t really define our friendship, he tended not to espouse those views when we are out together. I have tory friends, I say friends, I call them words removed that live in my street. Never had one that said you know Reform represent my views. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

It's made me more comfortable reading that Ukip got similar numbers in the past. 

• Like 2

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Surely they wont bw stupid enough to make priti patel leader?

Oh, they are definitely stupid enough! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Oh, they are definitely stupid enough! 

I think in that scenario labour can make timmy mallet PM, ronald Mcdonald chancellor and pee wee herman foreign secretary and still beat tories on a landslide.

Shes the worst

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Hope not, I want Braverman to be leader

Just to drive that stake through their hearts.

She's unelectable, she's despicable, she's a horrendous person. Yep pick her please.

Btw, the Tories even if they do survive this (which they won’t) are fecked for a minimum of 15 more like 20 years but most of their voters will be dead by then anyway.

I think someone worked out the other day that 19k Tory voters die every week

6 hours ago, bickster said:

Btw, the Tories even if they do survive this (which they won’t) are fecked for a minimum of 15 more like 20 years but most of their voters will be dead by then anyway.

So you prefer a dictatorship country? Whether you like it or not you need a strong opposition to keep which ever party is in power in check. Could you imagine if the labour party dissolved after corbyn and you only had the tories? Its the same with Labour they could do what the hell they want and no one can do anything 

The last thing we need is a country like Russia, china or north korea where its like that and the same prime minister is in place for 20 years. Id pack ny bags and be out of here if thats what happened

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So you prefer a dictatorship country? Whether you like it or not you need a strong opposition to keep which ever party is in power in check. Could you imagine if the labour party dissolved after corbyn and you only had the tories? Its the same with Labour they could do what the hell they want and no one can do anything 

The last thing we need is a country like Russia, china or north korea where its like that and the same prime minister is in place for 20 years. Id pack ny bags and be out of here if thats what happened

Big up to the lib dems then. Let them replace the Tories. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

why-would-you-think-that-danny-cho.gif

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

A dictatorship you vote for? At no point have I said I want Labour in power for ever, in fact there are plenty of posts where I've said the opposite.

There are other parties as pointed out above

Comparing Labour being in power for a long period of time with a democratic mandate to Russia, China, N Korea is just silly and the kind of bollocks you read in some of the more reactionary right wing papers

• Like 3

10 hours ago, bickster said:

And VT loves this 😉

On a serious note do you think the older some people get the more Tory they get? Definitely agree they need to reshuffle the party and appeal to the masses again. This may be a case of moving more to the right though. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â