The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

If they try to lurch more to the right to recover votes from Reform will a leader called Patel be problematic?

Just what I was thinking. Especially if it's between her and Badenoch. They've already had a Reform candidate referring to Sunak as a **** ing p*ki. And now more brown people? 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Thank god this era is over

It’s the one loose end that never got tied up at the end of the film, she never got her shag.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, bickster said:

… so what you will have is a battle between the Right wingers. Braverman Patel and possibly others. Early prediction, it’ll be Patel.

Andrew Marr thinks it will be James Cleverly  , I think it was on the basis the party won’t move right  

Edited by tonyh29

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s the one loose end that never got tied up at the end of the film, she never got her shag.

Or her peerage, I get the sense she’d have been equally happy with either 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

You think? 😉

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Their members will decide. So it won't be a centrist. 

Unless they manage to put 2 “centrists” before the membership but even then I suspect they will feel the Tories no longer represent them and run off to Farage.

If they do pick a right winger, then all it will do is highlight problems that Reform have the easy solution to and therefore just gives them more air anyway. Either way, I can see Reform share of the vote remain relatively stable for the next year or 2 at least, probably at the expense of more Tory vote share.

Feeding the populist vote has been a terrible plan of the Tories, particularly when you are going up against an experienced grifter in Farage. This is only exacerbated as they relied on Johnston who can barely remember what lies he has told to which people. He was always going to leave the Tories in the lurch.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Oh I bet she did

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I think she got her shag, but not the reward for that shag.

10 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I reckon Nigel will want a chance at it

Tupping Nadine?

Heady night that. Drink, drugs and head, obviously.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Unless they manage to put 2 “centrists” before the membership but even then I suspect they will feel the Tories no longer represent them and run off to Farage.

If they do pick a right winger, then all it will do is highlight problems that Reform have the easy solution to and therefore just gives them more air anyway. Either way, I can see Reform share of the vote remain relatively stable for the next year or 2 at least, probably at the expense of more Tory vote share.

Feeding the populist vote has been a terrible plan of the Tories, particularly when you are going up against an experienced grifter in Farage. This is only exacerbated as they relied on Johnston who can barely remember what lies he has told to which people. He was always going to leave the Tories in the lurch.

It's also shone a constant light on all the right wing issues. By constantly harping an about them themselves, they've magnified their importance in the eyes of people and inreased that size of the vacuum for Reform to infect. 

Hopefully there is less focus overall on some of the nonsense because you won't have senior ministers banging on about them everytime they get before a camera. We might have ministers now talking about and focusing on actual important issues. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I reckon Nigel will want a chance at it

I really can’t see that. There are significant numbers of senior MPs that just couldn’t countenance such a thing and they aren’t just the centrists. On the other side Farage won’t want the scrutiny and the albeit limited democracy that comes with joining the Tory Party. If you notice, it’s always been for the Reform side that Tories should join them.

Also those current MPs with reduced majorities thanks to Reform will not to be too receptive right now to any overtures from Reform, they too will want to cling to their internal democracy which they would absolutely be giving up in joining Reform. (Plus in most cases a local party mechanism that assists them).

The only way it happens is if Farage joins them and doing that he loses his absolute power, there’s a reason they are a company and and not a party proper, UKIP having internal democracy was a hindrance to him in the end, he learned that lesson.

• Like 1

How many of the Tories with a media profile big enough to lead the party have come out of the last 14 years unscathed in the eyes of the public? I can't think of a single one, there's no great unifier for the party to present to the members. It's going to be like rats in a sack for a few years yet. The next Tory leader is pointless, nothing will change in that party until the leader after next comes along.

James Cleverly is thick as pig crap, Priti and Cruella, well, you know, and Kemi is a Brexit supporting banker's wife. Kinda guess where her loyalties are.

The others are just plain awful, not fit for office.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

How many of the Tories with a media profile big enough to lead the party have come out of the last 14 years unscathed in the eyes of the public? I can't think of a single one, there's no great unifier for the party to present to the members. It's going to be like rats in a sack for a few years yet. The next Tory leader is pointless, nothing will change in that party until the leader after next comes along.

James Cleverly is thick as pig crap, Priti and Cruella, well, you know, and Kemi is a Brexit supporting banker's wife. Kinda guess where her loyalties are.

The others are just plain awful, not fit for office.

I'm expecting a wild lurch to the right under a Braverman, Patel, or Badenoch figure to try to reclaim Reform voters, hopefully another comprehensive defeat, and then them realising they need to return closer to the centre if they ever want to win another Election.

I suspect/hope the next tory PM will be someone who isn't currently an MP.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

The next Tory leader is pointless, nothing will change in that party until the leader after next comes along.

Keep going… it took them 4 leaders before they beat Labour after the 1997 defeat

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â