The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Is this the small business one?

I think it was just a local candidate survey on issues of importance etc. To be perfectly honest,  I didn't  even read it, I just saw an opportunity to waste their time and money and leaped at it like Rishi Sunak grabbing a Diet Coke

• Haha 2

As if to illustrate my point earlier regarding the Tory and Reform potential merge / take over / alliance / group sex session.

Wouldn't it be lovely to have a generation of kids grow up with the tories as the 3rd biggest party. The lib dems as the opposition would be awesome as they would be pressing for rejoin and other fun stuff like that. 

PMs questions would be a very different beast. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

As if to illustrate my point earlier regarding the Tory and Reform potential merge / take over / alliance / group sex session.

Sure, but this is Farridge. One day he said he wasn't going to stand for election as an MP, then suddenly he's doing it. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

Sure, but this is Farridge. One day he said he wasn't going to stand for election as an MP, then suddenly he's doing it. 

My point isn’t about Farage it’s about the Tories, there is no simple merge / allow Farage in, a big big big chunk of them hate him.

37 minutes ago, bickster said:

My point isn’t about Farage it’s about the Tories, there is no simple merge / allow Farage in, a big big big chunk of them hate him.

Just to check, you wanted a poll to magically appear as if it had actually been commissioned to demonstrate your point?

• Thanks 1

I think I’d prefer Farage to take over the Tories as it wouldn’t alter my dislike of them very much, but would probably cause a collapse of Reform which is a win for the country.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Just to check, you wanted a poll to magically appear as if it had actually been commissioned to demonstrate your point?

Spooky :D 

10 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Where's Cruella?

26 minutes ago, Jon said:

Where's Cruella?

She's not very popular, even less so that Farage, she'd probably be second preference of the Farage ones

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Genie said:

I think I’d prefer Farage to take over the Tories as it wouldn’t alter my dislike of them very much, but would probably cause a collapse of Reform which is a win for the country.

I'd say it's much better for the country for the right to be splintered, and not able to get into power, than an über right wing Tory party with no right wing opposition 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

Where do it really start? I personally think it was Boris that was the trigger for their collapse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Where do it really start? I personally think it was Boris that was the trigger for their collapse.

And yet some of them still think he is the answer to all their problems 😂😂

3 minutes ago, Danwichmann said:

He is the luckiest man alive. Managed to set them on the course for annihilation and got himself booted out for a plethora of crimes. Somehow also managed to conjure up sympathy for the way he left and is now considered by many as a solution to their issues and not the cause.

He’s off travelling the world making millions of pounds (and kids) without a care in the world. 

Who said crime doesn’t pay?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Danwichmann said:

Well, when we see what is left of them in a few weeks, they'll clearly be getting a new leader… but here’s a little factoid for us...

When a leader loses an election from the position of PM and a new leader takes over, that leader is very rarely ever successful. There is one exception to that and it's Thatcher but Heath didn’t resign straight away, she wasn’t elected until a year after the defeat (and that is quite important - he took a lot of the flak for a year). Ken Clarke is on record as saying the worst thing William Hague did was beat him in the leader contest after 1997 because he'd have been a better leader and in a better position if he’d waited until the next contest.

Sorry off in a tangent there but an important one… Johnson has in the last few days started campaigning and posting messages of support for certain Tory candidates, he’s giving them his personal seal of approval.

I've also read an article from one paper (may have been the Telegraph unshockingly) that sent a reporter to Hartlepool, essentially a bit of a Vox Pop in a seat the Tories are widely expected to lose. Why Hartlepool? Because the by-election in this parliament was under Johnson's watch AND it was the biggest post war swing to a party of government in a by-election, long standing governments winning by-elections is rare, long standing governments winning by-elections from the opposition with a massive swing to the government, rarer still but Hartlepool was a beast. So anyway, they managed to find someone (in a pub) that voted Tory then and before, wouldn’t vote Reform for all the right reasons and is going to vote Labour… (fairly normal atm) but there’s a caveat, she'd vote Tory again if Johnson was in charge because… he's one of ours. It’s not really important, it’s a Vox pop after all but what is important is that they reported it and the way they reported it.

Also with the impending obvious Farage issue, it was also pointed out that Johnson completely neutralised Farage in 2019 by getting him to stand down etc…

Johnson clearly won't be the next leader (it’s impossible and he’d be a fool to be) but just you watch him stand again in a safe by-election, then be in position to take control of the party as the anti-Farage / unite the party candidate.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

In case it isn’t already obvious to you, I can confirm that there is no need for you to observe Braverman’s TikTok debut.

Waiting for her Onlyfans tbh 

On 16/06/2024 at 12:27, Mark Albrighton said:

In case it isn’t already obvious to you, I can confirm that there is no need for you to observe Braverman’s TikTok debut.

• Sad 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â