The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

their best chance now is to leave him in a room and get out all of the throbbers and go full gammon to avoid a collapse of their support base to Reform.

That would be even worse for them. The pollsters I’ve listened to all say there’s a huge number of undecideds and stay at home tories. If the Tories go even more throbby, those folks will in large number come out and vote Lib Dem or Labour, because they’re mostly unhappy with @their” party, but not unhappy enough to vote for someone else other than Tory, at the moment

11 minutes ago, blandy said:

That would be even worse for them. The pollsters I’ve listened to all say there’s a huge number of undecideds and stay at home tories. If the Tories go even more throbby, those folks will in large number come out and vote Lib Dem or Labour, because they’re mostly unhappy with @their” party, but not unhappy enough to vote for someone else other than Tory, at the moment

No offence, but you just stay out of it, if they want to offend half of their last two voters, well that’s just democracy in action.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

No offence, but you just stay out of it, if they want to offend half of their last two voters, well that’s just democracy in action.

None taken 😄 . They seem determined to do everything they can to pick the worst option every time anyway 

• Like 1

Today my local Tory candidate posted a video on Facebook of him being endorsed by Boris Johnson. The MP is Eddie Hughes, who is already a sitting MP for one of the Walsall seats.

I don't normally respond to Tory social media but this time I bit. I said that I didn't think it was a good idea to be endorsed by the first sitting PM to have broken the law, and found guilty of lying by the Sue Gray report. His response, rather than to debate my points, was to ask who Sue Gray now works for. Of course I responded and said currently Labour, but asked if he was implying bias. No response funnily enough.

Even now, Boris still has his mates in the party. Unbelievable.

Can't post the chat as the screenshot is too large. Will add it as soon as I figure out how to reduce the size.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Today my local Tory candidate posted a video on Facebook of him being endorsed by Boris Johnson. The MP is Eddie Hughes, who is already a sitting MP for one of the Walsall seats.

I don't normally respond to Tory social media but this time I bit. I said that I didn't think it was a good idea to be endorsed by the first sitting PM to have broken the law, and found guilty of lying by the Sue Gray report. His response, rather than to debate my points, was to ask who Sue Gray now works for. Of course I responded and said currently Labour, but asked if he was implying bias. No response funnily enough.

Even now, Boris still has his mates in the party. Unbelievable.

Can't post the chat as the screenshot is too large. Will add it as soon as I figure out how to reduce the size.

He was with Gullis in Stoke today too

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Interestingly I didn't have Sky TV growing up, and my dad was a toolmaker.

Not sure what that means really....

You probably should join The Lib Dems. 

• Haha 1

On 14/06/2024 at 07:41, Vive_La_Villa said:

The Sky thing was a very daft thing to say and the memes are hilarious. But I have to admit when I was a kid I didn’t have sky or many things we take for granted these days such as holidays or eating in restaurants etc.

However I was surprised by many people who I knew back then that had all those things but I would have still considered my family to be financially better off than they were.

So while Rishi’s comment is ridiculous I think he was trying to say his parents sacrificed certain things such as Sky so it could be spent on other things such as his education.

Obviously he **** that one up though and got it horribly wrong. 

Loads of people didn’t have sky. That’s why it was a stupid thing for him to say.

It’s not deprived to be without sky tv. Shit loads of people didn’t have sky

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Loads of people didn’t have sky. That’s why it was a stupid thing for him to say.

It’s not deprived to be without sky tv. Shit loads of people didn’t have sky

I know mate and I agree it was a stupid thing to say. I was just thinking back to how I remember a lot of people having sky when they probably couldn’t afford to. 

Sky is obviously a choice, not a necessity.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sky is obviously a choice, not a necessity.

Yeah, which is why it was such an own goal by Rishi.

I think the football was a major reason for having it back then. The Sunak’s don’t strike me as big footy fans. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, which is why it was such an own goal by Rishi.

I think the football was a major reason for having it back then. The Sunak’s don’t strike me as big footy fans. 

What do you mean? Rishi says he loved going to st Mary’s as a kid to watch his beloved saints…

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What do you mean? Rishi says he loved going to st Mary’s as a kid to watch his beloved saints…

Probably why he didn’t need sky to then 

Sunak saying  again this morning he'll serve  a whole  term if he is re-elected as an MP but loses the GE. I suppose he has to say that to constituents,  but it is a massive pile of crap nonetheless

Tory donations in first week of election campaign 

2019: £5.7 million 

2024: £570,000

10% of previous campaign

Thats a serious financial blackhole

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Tory donations in first week of election campaign 

2019: £5.7 million 

2024: £570,000

10% of previous campaign

Thats a serious financial blackhole

Where are the numbers from Bicks?

Looking like Labour will win with a big majority.

However in our type of democracy there needs to be some sort of opposition party. At the moment the Tories cannot seem to wipe their ar$es without making a mess of it....so what is the opposition to Labour going to look like?

3 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Looking like Labour will win with a big majority.

However in our type of democracy there needs to be some sort of opposition party. At the moment the Tories cannot seem to wipe their ar$es without making a mess of it....so what is the opposition to Labour going to look like?

Under FPTP, where one party normally has a majority so can win almost every vote in parliament, how important is the size of the opposition? They can make a lot of noise but a small Tory party can do that as well as big one. But if Labour gets a majority of 50 rather than 200, does it make a material difference to their ability to pass legislation? 

Not really sure of the answers myself, just speculating. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â