The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

To be perfectly fair, they all do this shit. Tom Watson was telling a story the other day where he was in charge of a Tony Blair whistle stop train tour where he'd have to get activists with lots of balloons to run along each platform as the train arrived as the loco that had been supplied was named “Mission Impossible.”

He swears not one picture was printed. Must have been amusing to watch. But these dark arts are standard practice and have been since he dawn of time.

Problem for the Tories is, they are particularly shit at them, so they are indeed a metaphor for their government but only because they are shit at them.

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Tories would be better off if he did a Johnson and hid in a fridge for the next 5 weeks.

This is just another example of how shit they are at PR events. No doubt as some sort of reaction to the McVities Factory incident, they let Sunak loose on a bunch of unvetted workers. I mean it’s pretty obvious he’s shit at meeting normal people and he’s pretty shit at public speaking… so why on earth would you arrange something like this?
I know it'd be hard finding them but they really should be playing to his strengths not his weaknesses

It really does say something about how ridiculously out of touch he is that him getting a train was a "photo op" in the first place.

Next week they're going to take him to a supermarket (after training him on how a contactless card reader works). He'll be happy as a pig in shit when he gets to wax lyrical about this incredible self checkout tech. How lucky us normal people are, it's great fun.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If they get him on a bus I'll be impressed. 

I won't go near a **** bus. 

The stupid fwits running this campaign would put him on a big red bus and sent a tweet in his name saying it’s great to bagsie the back row

• Haha 2

Tory Aaron Bell, first elected in 2019 will no longer be standing in Newcastle-under-Lyme

I've never known so many late withdrawals :D 

Anyone know how many they still need for a full slate as of now? 

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Tory Aaron Bell, first elected in 2019 will no longer be standing in Newcastle-under-Lyme

I've never known so many late withdrawals :D 

Anyone know how many they still need for a full slate as of now? 

Most recent figure I can find is 93.

• Thanks 1

Trouble is, even the most cursory glance at any opinion polls or news outlet and standing as a candidate for the tories is going to look like nothing more than a waste of a month and a weird hobby on your CV.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Trouble is, even the most cursory glance at any opinion polls or news outlet and standing as a candidate for the tories is going to look like nothing more than a waste of a month and a weird hobby on your CV.

They are all in unwinnable seats though - so you are really standing in name only and door-knocking / leafletting in a more winnable constituency for someone else. But if you're a good little party activist, then you'd be doing the latter of those anyway. 

The one place that this sort of thing is useful on a CV is when you want a safer seat in 2028 or 2033 to show that you've paid your dues. Jacob Rees-Mogg came third in Central Fife over a decade before he became an MP. Theresa May lost in both Durham and Barking before they let her have Maidenhead. Etc.

18 hours ago, sidcow said:

If they get him on a bus I'll be impressed. 

I won't go near a **** bus. 

BBC reporter this morning being interviewed while seated on the Tory bus on the motorway. Munchety asked which politicians were on the bus and the reporter pretty much said it was only journos on the bus. 
Presumably it’s helicopters for everyone if you’re an MP. 

Posted (edited)
On 29/05/2024 at 13:22, Davkaus said:

I was amused by Iain Dale resigning from LBC to attempt to be selected as a tory candidate, and before he's even been selected and before the election has happened he's talked about trying to be a sensible voice to rebuild the party when they inevitably get destroyed :D 

He's given up in disgrace before even being selected as their candidate and will doubtless be polluting the airwaves with his ill-informed bullshit before too long. The first few phone-ins will be fun.

Edited by Davkaus

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â