The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Given who he is, where he's been in life etc Is this really a sensible tweet

Entirely predictable reply in seconds

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Given who he is, where he's been in life etc Is this really a sensible tweet

Yes.

Here’s why. 1 it’s true.  2. He was already succeeding in life when he met his wife. 3. Politicians shouldn’t stop saying stuff that’s true, just because a tweeterer is likely to snark back.

He’s in the situation where anything he says will get smart arse replies. Much of that situation entirely self created. This isn’t a sympathy post, but I find it hard to dig him out for that tweet

7 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yes.

Here’s why. 1 it’s true.  2. He was already succeeding in life when he met his wife. 3. Politicians shouldn’t stop saying stuff that’s true, just because a tweeterer is likely to snark back.

He’s in the situation where anything he says will get smart arse replies. Much of that situation entirely self created. This isn’t a sympathy post, but I find it hard to dig him out for that tweet

I disagree obviously. From him it comes across as patronising. The message is fine, get someone else better qualified to deliver it. If they really mean it that is (they don't!)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yes.

You are coming from a considered and reasonable point of view looking at the greater truth. You are standing back and considering all the context and all the basic truth.

In an election campaign, I would not want you advising me on what to tweet and how the world will receive it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yes.

Here’s why. 1 it’s true.  2. He was already succeeding in life when he met his wife. 

Indeed, he didn't need to marry into a billionaire's family to succeed in life, he merely needed to be born into a family able to afford the fees at Winchester College (36k a year at the moment)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You are coming from a considered and reasonable point of view looking at the greater truth. You are standing back and considering all the context and all the basic truth.

I’m so dreadfully sorry! I hadn’t quite understood the importance of the situation. 🤪

• Like 1

tbf, voxpops of random Americans aren't going to be any better than those of random Brits. 

• Thanks 1

The Ross Kemp lookalike has now been identified as government special advisor Frederick Ellery. They have drawn more attention to the whole thing than had they have not gone to the underhand effort of standing in front of the lady whose face simply reflected what most people think about the bollocks Sunak spews.

Do these idiots think that staged questions from plants in the audience or a few happy clappers around Sunak are going to convince enough of us to forget what has happened over the last 14 years and give them another 5.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

I mean, I could believe it if he came in and suddenly looked more enthusiastic...but he looked just as disinterested.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Do these idiots think that staged questions from plants in the audience or a few happy clappers around Sunak are going to convince enough of us to forget what has happened over the last 14 years and give them another 5.

To be fair, it did five years ago regarding the previous nine. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

To be fair, it did five years ago regarding the previous nine. 

Yeah but Bodacious Boris, Get Brexit Done, oven ready yada yada

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â