The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

57 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

That would be the highlight of the whole election if that was to happen 😂

Please richmondese people, make it happen 

Well Michael Portillo will be eternally grateful. He'll be known as the train journey man if that happened

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Well Michael Portillo will be eternally grateful. He'll be known as the train journey man if that happened

This is the only train spotter that gets a pass from me.

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91az0e1i70scy7tiv5gg

So, sorry Mike I’ll never forget you lost your safe seat 

18 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It appears that Steve Baker is on the campaign trail, knocking on doors in Greece.

In fairness to Baker he has absolutely no chance of defending that seat. His majority is only 1400. He is getting annihilated and he knows it so may as well sun himself in Greece whilst sipping on an ouzo and writing his concession speech. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I am just disappointed that Brexit Hard Man Steve Baker is over there funding Greek businesses instead of voting with his wallet and supporting our *great British holiday destinations.

I can only hope that he's over there trying to steal more parthenon marbles.

* hard working. Get it right 

• Like 1

So Iain Dale quit LBC to stand as an MP, to help restore “trust and honesty” into politics… so he’s standing for the Tories in Tunbridge Wells :crylaugh:

He didn’t say the bit about which party and where, so lots of the twitterati were defending him saying “he’s not a Tory” and obviously others were pointing out he really was. I mean it was fairly obvious he was but why some couldn’t see it I have no idea :D 

I suspect he might be losing to a LibDem there at least it gets him off the airwaves

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bickster said:

I suspect he might be losing to a LibDem there at least it gets him off the airwaves

The excellent Mike Martin, hopefully the next Shadow Defence Secretary. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

Funnily enough, this looks like it was done back in February.

In a famous Yes, Prime Minister episode Sir Humphrey Appleby once explained to Bernard Woolley how you could get contradictory polling results on the same topic – in this case the reintroduction of national service – by asking a series of leading questions beforehand and asking the key question you want to know about in a certain way. 

But what would happen if we asked Sir Humphrey's questions today? To find out we asked 1,000 British adults the first set of questions that were positive about national service and 1,000 British adults the second set that were negative. Below is a comparison of the results. You can see that it is indeed true that you get different results on the level of support for the reintroduction of national service based on the way you ask the question and the questions you ask before it.

IMG_4594.thumb.png.47283c4c4d7506ca248d22d2bfd75ef7.png

Ipsos link

28 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

The excitement Mike Martin, hopefully the next Shadow Defence Secretary. 

Well if the latest Yougov poll is correct then yes (first one published with fieldwork all after the Nat Serv announcement)

Andy Street has obviously realised running as a Tory MP is on a hiding to nothing so not running this year.

I'll bet he tries to pick up the pieces somewhere for the next election assuming he doesn't run for Mayor again

41 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Andy Street has obviously realised running as a Tory MP is on a hiding to nothing so not running this year.

I'll bet he tries to pick up the pieces somewhere for the next election assuming he doesn't run for Mayor again

He'll have to find a party first. The one he's not standing for are about to turn more rightward again.

I look forward to the next election when Reform and the Tories are arguing about who is more left wing :crylaugh:

43 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Someone on Twitter pointed out that his "don't want to be an MP but want to do leadership in a public facing role" open letter sounded an awful like an application to be CEO of the new Great British Energy thing that Labour talk about. 

I was amused by Iain Dale resigning from LBC to attempt to be selected as a tory candidate, and before he's even been selected and before the election has happened he's talked about trying to be a sensible voice to rebuild the party when they inevitably get destroyed :D 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I was amused by Iain Dale resigning from LBC to attempt to be selected as a tory candidate, and before he's even been selected and before the election has happened he's talked about trying to be a sensible voice to rebuild the party when they inevitably get destroyed :D 

The inhabitants of Tunbridge Wells should be on their guard, if he loses his temper. 

36 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

The inhabitants of Tunbridge Wells should be on their guard, if he loses his temper. 

Isn't that fight scene from Bridget Jones's Diary? 

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â