The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

18 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The difference now is in the utter uselessness of their main players. 

Back in the day, they were never nice people, and they always stood for a political philosophy which I detested. But the likes of Macmillan, Heath, Heseltine, Hurd, Clarke, Major - yes, even Thatcher - had a degree of intelligence and competence in implementing their nasty policies. Even a slightly warped sense of honour. 

The current lot are not merely nasty, they're blatantly corrupt, downright thick and laughably inept. I have little hope that Labour will be much better, but I fervently want to see the demise of this despicable bunch. 

Cummings and Boris made sure that any decent human beings were removed from the party. 

Brexit meant only the lunatics could fully advance. 

• Like 1

I don’t think some sort of civic service is a bad idea, I think everyone sees this as army conscription which is why it stinks, but if it’s the odd weekend with the RNLI or with assisting charities etc then it could be attractive. It can’t be compulsory though, that’s ridiculous from the party who believe in choice. 

32 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I don’t think some sort of civic service is a bad idea, I think everyone sees this as army conscription which is why it stinks, but if it’s the odd weekend with the RNLI or with assisting charities etc then it could be attractive. It can’t be compulsory though, that’s ridiculous from the party who believe in choice. 

800,000 18 year olds, can’t work on weekends and can’t go see their parents after a week in Uni and can’t play for a sports team on a Saturday and now require, what shall we say 60,000 volunteer co-ordinators that do work weekends.

it’s brilliant.

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

800,000 18 year olds, can’t work on weekends and can’t go see their parents after a week in Uni and can’t play for a sports team on a Saturday and now require, what shall we say 60,000 volunteer co-ordinators that do work weekends.

it’s brilliant.

"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God"

Churches up and down the land telling their congregations not to vote Tory due to their anti-Christian policies. 

• Like 1

Man with inappropriate surname suggests that young people need to get out of their bubble whilst sitting in the worst impenetrable bubble known to Uk political history.

Armando has given up on his career

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God"

Churches up and down the land telling their congregations not to vote Tory due to their anti-Christian policies. 

Probably true, even though churches don't observe the Sabbath, but the Lord's Day.

national service ended 1963

Isn’t odd that most people who want national service back, never did it themselves. Also if they were young enough to do it now, they wouldn’t want to do it either.

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is it a way of clawing some votes back from Reform, rather than Labour?

Have they accepted that they are toast and this is damage limitation? Accept they can't win new or swing voters but stop the votes leaking to Reform which could potentially cost them even more seats? 

1 hour ago, Danwichmann said:

Have they accepted that they are toast and this is damage limitation? Accept they can't win new or swing voters but stop the votes leaking to Reform which could potentially cost them even more seats? 

That’s what I thought. They have switched the fight from winning, to holding second place. They have suggested a policy which will get the throbbers rethinking whether to go Reform or Conservative (rather than Labour or Conservative).

Turns out that Tory ministers were not just rejecting national service in Parliament on *Thursday*, but going into detail about why it'd be a terrible idea. Oops.

2 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

How does this idea compare to the Swiss national service? 

The Swiss who are rather famous for not going to war? But all have guns under their beds in case they get invaded

50 minutes ago, Genie said:

That’s what I thought. They have switched the fight from winning, to holding second place. They have suggested a policy which will get the throbbers rethinking whether to go Reform or Conservative (rather than Labour or Conservative).

Except even Farage has said he thinks it's a stupid idea

3 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Except even Farage has said he thinks it's a stupid idea

Well yes, it’s another failed plan. 

3 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

national service ended 1963

Isn’t odd that most people who want national service back, never did it themselves. Also if they were young enough to do it now, they wouldn’t want to do it either.

My dad did it and he firmly believes that it would be a wonderful thing to bring back

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â