The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

50 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

You're comparing two different things. If Dorries doesn't do her job as an MP, that's a matter for her voters. If she doesn't do her job as a Tory, that's for the whips and the PM. As bickster says, there are no KPIs to judge the performance of an MP. They get a performance review at every General Election, and whether Sunak thinks she's a good MP or not, has nothing to do with whether she should remain in the Tory party. It's got nothing to do with him being weak. He is weak, this just isn't evidence of it. 

No party leader in history ever has, or ever will kick an MP out of their party for not doing constituency work to some arbitrary standard. So it's daft to lay something as a criticism of Sunak that wouldn't be a criticism of literally anybody else who has gone before him or will come after him.

I bow to nobody in my disdain for Sunak, who is a nasty, disingeunous little oaf who should be nowhere near the job that he is currently squatting in. But it rather detracts from the thousands of things that he should be criticised when it's diluted with stuff that it really very little to do with him.

Former health secretary Matt Hancock has had the Tory whip suspended after it emerged he will enter the jungle for I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here!

The Prime Minister believes that, at a challenging time for the country, MPs should be working hard for their constituents, whether that’s in the house or in their constituency.”

Double standards, I’m sure you’ll say this is completely different, it’s not. If Sunak wanted to do something he could.

link

Code of conduct for MP’s also states

6.Members have a general duty to act in the interests of the nation as a whole; and a special duty to their constituents.

Another opportunity to act, if he wanted.

Edited by Genie

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

Double standards, I’m sure you’ll say this is completely different, it’s not. If Sunak wanted to do something he could.

link

Code of conduct for MP’s also states

Another opportunity to act, if he wanted.

Nope, Hancock broke ACOBA rules by not consulting the committee before agreeing to go on IACGMOOH it’s not the same at all

They suspended the whip on Hancock, they could do the same for Dorries but in reality what would that achieve if she’s never there anyway? She'd absolutely still be an MP doing sweet FA for her constituents. That would also anger the nutty Johnson wing of the party.

Its in Sunak's interests for a number of reasons to do sod all about Dorries. What he says in public and what he needs to do for the sake of himself and the Party are two entirely different things

That bit you quoted from the code of conduct is so meaningless it’s pointless

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

this is completely different

😉

All the stuff bicks says. Of course he could do something. He's the Prime Minister. He can do what he wants with his MPs.

But the fact that he isn't is not a sign that he's weak. It's that there is literally no reason why he should or would.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

Nope, Hancock broke ACOBA rules by not consulting the committee before agreeing to go on IACGMOOH it’s not the same at all

He did break the rules but that is not why he lost the whip, it was for abandoning his constituents. Acoba outcome was nearly 2 months after he was already booted.

37 minutes ago, bickster said:

They suspended the whip on Hancock, they could do the same for Dorries but in reality what would that achieve if she’s never there anyway?

This is why he should if he wants to do what he says

"This government will have integrity, professionalism, and accountability at every level. Trust is earned and I will earn yours." These were the promises or the new Prime Minister Rishi Sunak in his first address at Downing Street.

He won’t do anything because it’s bad for (Tory) business. He doesn’t give a shit about the constituents. As you said Sunak just doesn’t want the humiliation of losing another safe seat so he and other senior Tories are not making a big fuss about the situation.

15 hours ago, bickster said:

They suspended the whip on Hancock, they could do the same for Dorries but in reality what would that achieve if she’s never there anyway? She'd absolutely still be an MP doing sweet FA for her constituents. That would also anger the nutty Johnson wing of the party.

Its in Sunak's interests for a number of reasons to do sod all about Dorries. What he says in public and what he needs to do for the sake of himself and the Party are two entirely different things

That bit you quoted from the code of conduct is so meaningless it’s pointless

Didn't Dorries also do the same by going on IAC? :D 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Greenpeace protestors are currently sat on top of Sunak’s constituency home in response to his 100 new gas and oil licenses announcement.

_130628362_capture3.jpg.webp

_130628251_capture2.jpg.webp

Tax payers will probably be picking up a £500k bill for roof damage

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I kind of imagined the ‘home’ of the Prime Minister might have some level of security.

Even if it was just to stop Mad Nads shitting on the welcome mat.

Cost cutting, if he's not home he doesn't need protecting :D 

Tories gonna Tory

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

Sure, but that’s always been the case and my suspicion is that there will be fewer of them come the next election. And the cost of living will be one of many reasons why 

Bringing this across here so Limpid doesn't tell me off.

Yeah, I expect them to get trounced at the GE too. But the cost of living will be a major factor. All the other important stuff, like how we treat refugees, children, the NHS, generally being a bunch of piss-takers will be secondary.

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Yeah, I expect them to get trounced at the GE too. But the cost of living will be a major factor. All the other important stuff, like how we treat refugees, children, the NHS, generally being a bunch of piss-takers will be secondary.

I'm not convinced the CoL crisis will even be the number one reason this time. It'll likely be second. There'll be a far more pricipalled F*** this lot regardless of the CoL at the time

I keep saying this but the Tory Party are in a demographic death spiral regardless of policy but what they've done since 2019 has angered a huge proportion of their own natural voters, the Tories are "the party of law and order", you can't be that and continually break the law that others are having to adhere to., without it having a huge knock on effect with your party base. You can't chuck a barmpot like Truss in as PM, crash the economy and expect the party of investors not to lose votes, I coulod go on and on here

Yes the CoL will have an effect but that will be affecting mostly Labour voters. The main reason for losing voters from their side will not be the CoL it'll be The Tory Party itself

16 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

😁 . I agree. My original comment was really that for all the media and social media noise around all the Tory culture wars crap, people in general are much the same as always, when we all interact in person. I don’t feel that there’s a meaner society now than 10, 20, 30 years ago. If anything the hardships bring out the good in people who are able to help. And there have always been nobbers, too.

• Like 1

Just now, blandy said:

😁 . I agree. My original comment was really that for all the media and social media noise around all the Tory culture wars crap, people in general are much the same as always, when we all interact in person. I don’t feel that there’s a meaner society now than 10, 20, 30 years ago. If anything the hardships bring out the good in people who are able to help. And there have always been nobbers, too.

Yeah, I can understand that.

Social media shines more of a spotlight on it all whereas before that I'd not be as exposed to it because it's not in my sphere.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

The main reason for losing voters from their side will not be the CoL it'll be The Tory Party itself

I think quite a lot of folk voted Tory on the basis that “they might well be bastards, but at least they look after the economy”. Not anymore.

31 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think quite a lot of folk voted Tory on the basis that “they might well be bastards, but at least they look after the economy”. Not anymore.

Yes exactly. They are literally ripping through their core voting issues and making themselves not that party any more.

CoL may be the chief reason for people not voting Tory in general but a lot of those never would have anyway. The main reason for previous Tory voters not voting for them this time will be because they no longer represent the values that people actually did vote for them previously

• Like 1

The Tories had such a successful GE last time round was because they promised they had an amazing deal to leave the EU that would make us all better off.

I think that being exposed as complete fantasy will be the main reason people vote for someone else next time.

54 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think that being exposed as complete fantasy will be the main reason people vote for someone else next time.

Each to their own and all that. I just think it’s a cumulative thing. Parties in Covid, crashing the economy, sleazy enrichment, Brexit lies, incompetence, culture war nonsense, failure to tackle “issues” from potholes, NHS waiting lists, can’t see a GP, nothing works, everyone’s on strike and pissed off…small boats…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

Each to their own and all that. I just think it’s a cumulative thing. Parties in Covid, crashing the economy, sleazy enrichment, Brexit lies, incompetence, culture war nonsense, failure to tackle “issues” from potholes, NHS waiting lists, can’t see a GP, nothing works, everyone’s on strike and pissed off…small boats…

They'll uncover a secret plot by Jeremy Corbyn to bring the small boats to England, then they'll sink the small boats just before the election, and job done - they get re-elected.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â