The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

31 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Does anybody under the age of 50 actually read newspapers anymore. I'm sure the reason for this must be that the Daily Mail have an older demographic.

Lots of commuters do, free newspapers for trains but I'm with you, these days even TV News is hours behind events, the internet is where the news is.

I was in M&S this morning and I couldn’t help thinking it was particularly cruel. They’d put the newspapers on the floor and nobody that wanted one could bend down that far.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Interesting take on the submersible disaster by Bozza in the Mail today. 

Hard to not agree with a lot of it

he's apparently proud of a group of people steaming into something incredibly risky despite numerous experts saying what a bad idea it is, several warnings, at least 1 person that didn't want to do it in the first place, and the guy in charge totally lacking the ability to pull it off safely and sucessfully

i had to scroll back up to double check he was talking about the titanic sub and not brexit

• Like 3

8 hours ago, bickster said:

Lots of commuters do, free newspapers for trains but I'm with you, these days even TV News is hours behind events, the internet is where the news is.

Which is a problem in it's own right.

The primary new sources for people under 25 are TikTok and Twitter. 

9 hours ago, PaulC said:

Does anybody under the age of 50 actually read newspapers anymore. I'm sure the reason for this must be that the Daily Mail have an older demographic.

I do. Byline Times

49 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

The mail online is massively popular with young people because of all the celebrity crap and the amount they spend on Facebook and other social media promotion to get their stuff seen.

Do they still cater largely for angry pedo’s that both love and hate the royals?

10 hours ago, tomav84 said:

he's apparently proud of a group of people steaming into something incredibly risky despite numerous experts saying what a bad idea it is, several warnings, at least 1 person that didn't want to do it in the first place, and the guy in charge totally lacking the ability to pull it off safely and sucessfully

i had to scroll back up to double check he was talking about the titanic sub and not brexit

Not so much that bit

33 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I presume he had two articles in progress just in case they survived.

Why anyone would read the musings of this habitually lying piece of shit is beyond me.

Apparently he's even lied in that article. Not read it but it's something do with diving to 33 meters on his very first scuba dive which people claim he wouldn't be allowed to do.

38 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

You love to see it.

I know, the solution to the problem is to bring back the person responsible for a good chunk of the problem to sort her mess out :crylaugh:

UK government willing to ignore public sector pay review bodies, minister says

I hope all public workers strike like hell if they do this. 

Ministers have previously used pay review bodies’ recommendations to explain why they have not been able to grant rises that match inflation, as unions had called for.

Speaking last year during the NHS winter strikes, Rishi Sunak said: “Even when recommendations were higher than what the government had initially suggested and indeed higher than what many people in the private sector were receiving, the government, in the interests of being constructive, of being reasonable and being fair, accepted them in full.”

Just utter words removed. 

Some top quality advice from the PM to people who can’t pay their bills, feed the family and heat their homes.

The UK Prime Minister has urged homeowners and borrowers to "hold their nerve" over rising interest rates aimed at bringing down stubborn inflation.

Rishi Sunak told Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg: "I want people to be reassured that we've got to hold our nerve, stick to the plan and we will get through this."

Hold your nerve, sorted. Panic over.

How on earth is that “reassuring”? 

link

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Some top quality advice from the PM to people who can’t pay their bills, feed the family and heat their homes.

Hold your nerve, sorted. Panic over.

How on earth is that “reassuring”? 

link

Look, sometimes you've got to man up, take the tough decisions for the long term good of your family, and turn the pool heating down a couple of degrees. None of us like jumping into a sub optimally heated pool, but we're all tightening our belts, so get some bloody perspective.

• Like 1

I don’t think people are being fair on Rishi, he went to Prep School, then Winchester College, Oxford and then Stanford. He took work whilst at University, an internship at Conservative Headquarters. His first job was with Goldman Sachs before becoming the Director of several Hedge Funds.

What possible advice could he give someone on how to keep hold of the family flat, keep paying for the car, and keep the kids in shoes?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The lettuce will wilt twice as quickly in this heatwave, I reckon Liz can beat it this time.

My money is still on the lettuce. 

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I don’t think people are being fair on Rishi, he went to Prep School, then Winchester College, Oxford and then Stanford. He took work whilst at University, an internship at Conservative Headquarters. His first job was with Goldman Sachs before becoming the Director of several Hedge Funds.

What possible advice could he give someone on how to keep hold of the family flat, keep paying for the car, and keep the kids in shoes?

This sounds a bit like Boris “leave him alone, he’s doing his best”.

I know it’s just a bit of fun but being massively out of touch shouldn’t be a defence when they have thousands of people working for them telling them what to do, and then not doing it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

This sounds a bit like Boris “leave him alone, he’s doing his best”.

I know it’s just a bit of fun but being massively out of touch shouldn’t be a defence when they have thousands of people working for them telling them what to do, and then not doing it.

Yeah, you don’t need to have lived experience of a situation to have empathy.

I wouldn’t know what its like living in army digs for 20 years trying to bring up kids, or what its like having £30k student debt and looking for somewhere to live in Manchester.

But I **** know my advice wouldn’t be ‘hold your nerve’. I guess if it does get really bad then at least the struggling care workers and zero hours amazon staff could just sell some of their share portfolio or not go to Sardinia this year.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â