The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

31 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What a shame that this word removed gets to walk away on his own terms.

Its how I want to leave my current employer in about 10 years.

Some great mugging off by the BBC

In a statement he said: "They have still not produced a shred of evidence that I knowingly or recklessly misled the Commons."

one paragraph lower

In evidence given to the Privileges Committee in March, Mr Johnson admitted misleading Parliament, but denied doing it on purpose.

So he’s  admitted he misled parliament but is being forced out because it wasn’t done recklessly :lol: 

Will that work for anyone else?

“I admit killing my neighbour but I didn’t do it recklessly so shouldn’t be punished”.

“I drunkenly crashed my car into that group of school children but didn’t do it on purpose”.

53 minutes ago, bickster said:

Bewildered and appalled that he can be forced out….

Eh? You just resigned you dickhead

The bewildered bit I get, I imagine that’s how we awakens every day. Appalled is surprising though, it’s a wonder he’s able to be appalled at anything after the depths he’s plumbed.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

Some great mugging off by the BBC

one paragraph lower

So he’s  admitted he misled parliament but is being forced out because it wasn’t done recklessly :lol: 

Will that work for anyone else?

“I admit killing my neighbour but I didn’t do it recklessly so shouldn’t be punished”.

“I drunkenly crashed my car into that group of school children but didn’t do it on purpose”.

The crux of the matter is that deliberately misleading is taken far more seriously than being an idiot and saying inaccuracies unknowingly.

See also his "Ok, yes, I was at the parties, but I didn't realise they were parties" defence.

Excellent news tonight.

Hoping this is the start of the turning of the tide. This post truth shit has to be stopped.

Probably too much to ask but we definitely need some kind of enquiry into the last few years of corruption, cronyism, lying, attempts to subvert parliament and democracy, the misleading of the public to vote for something so damaging to the country, all the lives they cost during covid through their utter arrogance and incompetence.

In times past these people would have been executed. They should be grateful we’re all more civilised now. 

• Like 3

We need a new supergroup party on the right. People that know what’s needed and have a proven track record.

Johnson, Farage, and the Wetherspoons tramp need to launch a new vision, a new party to challenge the old tory heartlands and get this country back on the right track.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The crux of the matter is that deliberately misleading is taken far more seriously than being an idiot and saying inaccuracies unknowingly.

See also his "Ok, yes, I was at the parties, but I didn't realise they were parties" defence.

It’s the weakest and most pathetic defence imaginable. Nobody believes it, not a single person.

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

We need a new supergroup party on the right. People that know what’s needed and have a proven track record.

Johnson, Farage, and the Wetherspoons tramp need to launch a new vision, a new party to challenge the old tory heartlands and get this country back on the right track.

Tommy Robinson to get the football “lads” vote?

• Like 1

So technically speaking Johnson can apply for an appointment to a position of profit for the Crown (The Stewardship and Bailiff of either the Chiltern Hundreds... or Manor of Northstead) and will be disqualified from sitting as an MP

He can then almost immediately resign that position of profit and then be free to stand for parliament again.

Just saying because it is rather odd that Mad Nad and Johnson resign on the same day, it just seems rather conveniently timed. Especially as it was long rumoured that Johnson always fancied her rather safe seat.

9 hours ago, bickster said:

Just saying because it is rather odd that Mad Nad and Johnson resign on the same day, it just seems rather conveniently timed. Especially as it was long rumoured that Johnson always fancied her rather safe seat.

I like a good political conspiracy as much as the next guy, but it doesn't make sense for her to resign now if that's their plan. 

On current polling Mid Bedfordshire is a toss-up for the Tories. The thing that means they'd be more likely to lose it would be a high profile by-election with the sort of Tory candidate that means thousands of activists and resources pile into the area and four weeks of media focus.

If they wanted to get Johnson as MP for Mid Beds, he resigns now, tries to become the candidate at the next election when there is (a bit) less focus on him with the rest of the election noise. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â