The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

5 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Another £50 fine headed his way. I hope he'll be ok.

Hmmm as I recall, the fines doubled for each recorded offence but the actual level of the fine doesn't matter. The bad publicity for the Tories, however....

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Their parents and their schools for a lot of them

This is absolutely true. 

A mate of mine got a scholarship to King Edwards, the proper one in Edgbaston. 

I think they still supply more pupils to Oxford and Cambridge than any other school in the country. 

I got to know a lot of them fairly well.  Half did indeed go to Oxford or Cambridge and half got heavily into drugs and went to live in squats. 

They absolutely had it drummed into them that they were superior and they should question norms constantly. I'm sure this is why so many ended up in alternative lifestyles. Either way they break the rules either wearing a suit or wearing a Kaftan. 

I remember being at a party in Bruton Avenue in Solihull - there is some very serious wealth in that road.  Some other lads from Solihull School were there and they decided to go down to the shed, get a load of garden forks and spades and go over the road to Solihull School and vandalise the grassy bank at the front of the school that was all landscaped. 

I would never have dreamed about doing something like that at my Comprehensive school. 

Another time at a party at my house they were climbing onto the flat roof of the bungalow next door belonging to our elderly neighbour. They were chucking cans and bottles into his garden and when he came out to complain they told him to **** off. 

I knew this because my comprehensive school mates came and told me what was going on and that I needed to get them to leave.   Again no one (in my friendship group and probably almost entirely) at my Comprehensive school would have behaved like that. 

Yes it seems that a rebuttal was published as apparently the source for the story was Lib Dem activists. Due to its age I can’t look into it too much myself but as Icant find the rebuttal, I will go with this being fact until I do find a record of the rebuttal and then update. 

I stand corrected. The next edition did indeed have letters from tories saying it wasn’t true. 

Edited by Seat68

Would that be like the way Johnson (and the huge support he definitely has) successfully obstructed Sunak’s brexit deal with Northern Ireland back in March? If so, that is a force to reckoned with.

12 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Would that be like the way Johnson (and the huge support he definitely has) successfully obstructed Sunak’s brexit deal with Northern Ireland back in March? If so, that is a force to reckoned with.

The only people that really care are Tories, the rest of us will just get the popcorn out and watch the polls slide further.

This is shaping up to be a fantastically public uncivil civil war.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

The galling thing about this is that clearly Bojo believes he has a chance at leading the party again

He was going to run against Sunak too. Matt Hancock said on I’m a celebrity he flew back from holiday to go for it but he said he contacted him and told Boris that now was not the time.

The fact he was on holiday (probably in a Tory donors mansion) makes it even more hilarious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

The only people that really care are Tories, the rest of us will just get the popcorn out and watch the polls slide further.

This is shaping up to be a fantastically public uncivil civil war.

Of course,  I’m enjoying it as well. Bring it on. 

I’m just wondering what Team Boris thinks it has at their disposal that can actually disrupt Sunak’s government. The support to my eyes just isn’t there. Failed return to leadership. Check. Failed vote rebellion against the NI deal. Check. Add in an embarrassing flailing about in front of grown ups trying to convince them he didn’t lie about lockdown breaches. Check.

I guess it’s my fault because I’m giving him/them a bit too much credit in the self awareness bank.

If this was a sitcom it would be criticised for being too over the top. 

No British government have ever been this bad. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â