The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

23 hours ago, bickster said:

They don't think they are racist though

This is an interesting point to me. Do you really believe they don't think they are racist? Or do you think deep down they know that they are, but they also know they can't say what they truly believe out loud any more? 

I personally think that they know and are super frustrated that they can't outwardly be as racist as they would like. 

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I would expect that a number of them would genuinely dispute they are racist and would probably dispute the very meaning of the word.

Don’t we all know someone that spouts general vaguely racist sentiment but when asked about individuals they know, those individuals are alright.

Send them all back, not Terry obviously, I mean all them ones in Rotherham I don’t know. Hardly makes me racist does it, if I’m happy to have a drink with Terry. We call him Terry cos we can’t pronounce his real name.

There will be people in this very thread that would think like that, and not consider themselves racist.

I think I know Terry. See him down the pub quite often with his wife Juana. 

• Like 1

I heard on the radio earlier that emails were actually sent by senior civil servants to the Cabinet Secretary over Braverman's attempts to get a private DAC, which blows her statement of yesterday completely out of the water.

Also, there's a story somewhere (The i possibly) about how Tory MPs are actually convinced she's trying to get sacked to stir up as much internal party strife as is possible

54 minutes ago, bickster said:

Also, there's a story somewhere (The i possibly) about how Tory MPs are actually convinced she's trying to get sacked to stir up as much internal party strife as is possible

emperor-star-wars.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, meregreen said:

She should still have disclosed it regardless. Another example of how she thinks rules don’t apply to her.

Agree, but I was expecting something more explosive when the Indy journo Tweeted last night that a massive “-gate” type of revelation was coming out today. As it stands, it’s just another example of Braverman being unfit for office, but it doesn’t seem like the kind of thing that will get her sacked.

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Agree, but I was expecting something more explosive when the Indy journo Tweeted last night that a massive “-gate” type of revelation was coming out today. As it stands, it’s just another example of Braverman being unfit for office, but it doesn’t seem like the kind of thing that will get her sacked.

Yeah it's mere window dressing when compared to DAC stuff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I heard on the radio earlier that emails were actually sent by senior civil servants to the Cabinet Secretary over Braverman's attempts to get a private DAC, which blows her statement of yesterday completely out of the water.

Yeah, there's a strand of Tory commentariat that seems to think that it's her positioning herself for her inevitable rise to the Tory leadership and this would be her "Johnson quitting as Foreign Secretary" moment. 

Seemingly forgetting that nine months ago a whopping 27 MPs thought it was worth backing her. I'm not sure she's really done much to improve from that baseline.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

.As it stands, it’s just another example of Braverman being unfit for office, but it doesn’t seem like the kind of thing that will get her sacked.

What a **** sad state of affairs 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Two manky, rotten birds, one stone.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â