The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

I still think the Tories (Sunak) might pull out a Europe shaped rabbit from the hat before the GE. 

they'd have no-one left to vote for them

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Genie said:

I still think the Tories (Sunak) might pull out a Europe shaped rabbit from the hat before the GE.

Like relying on a bit of magic? We have already been relegated!

37 minutes ago, Harkanon said:

Like relying on a bit of magic? We have already been relegated!

It’s like hiring Sam Allerdyce with 4 games to go. 1 last roll of the dice “just in case”.

• Haha 1

Mrs Sidcow has decided that Rishi Sunak looks like Roddy The Rat from Flushed Away. 

image.png.d20ef4e73124ef242ed610e7ab305041.png

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

I always thought he had the look, name and emotional capacity of a Vulcan.  Live long and prosper.....for the rich

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Mrs Sidcow has decided that Rishi Sunak looks like Roddy The Rat from Flushed Away. 

image.png.d20ef4e73124ef242ed610e7ab305041.png

Not, Roddy, but Roland. 

FmRcbFIX0AIKYtx.jpg

• Like 1

I really wish Lindsay Hoyle would tell Rishi to answer the non-Tory questions properly. PMQ's is an utter farce, and incredibly useless in its current format. I know he's a Labour MP and this could go in that thread, but he doesn't hold the PM to account at all.

Is there a rule in place that stops the speaker from pulling a PM up on avoiding questions?

2 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Is there a rule in place that stops the speaker from pulling a PM up on avoiding questions?

Don't think so, in fact Hoyle has done so on occasion, but I think the problem is stopping PMQ's from becoming Starmer answering a question, Sunak deflecting it, then the following 29 minutes being a debate about whether the PM did or did not answer the question.

Ultimately what's he going to do? Kick the PM out, hold him in contempt?

42 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I really wish Lindsay Hoyle would tell Rishi to answer the non-Tory questions properly. PMQ's is an utter farce, and incredibly useless in its current format. I know he's a Labour MP and this could go in that thread, but he doesn't hold the PM to account at all.

He was the same with Boris. PMQ’s are a waste of time if he doesn’t press the PM to answer the question presented to him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Ultimately what's he going to do? Kick the PM out, hold him in contempt?

I think there's a lot of space between what he's doing now, and the actions you suggest. Warning him that the answer should at least have something to do with the question would be a good start, and then raising the stakes from there. The speaker often warns the backbenchers to calm down so they can hear the answer, but what's the point if the answer is nothing to do with the question? It's beyond stupid. It's like diving in football, no action is ever taken and there's now a no loss scenario for the diving player. As @Genie said, it was the same with Boris and is being allowed to continue.

Also, some of the questions asked are obviously about political point scoring, but a lot are some I would love to hear answered correctly. The arrogant and childish avoidances just further illustrate that the Tories have no plan to help the country, imho, and certainly take no responsibility for the current state it's in.

6 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

. PMQ's is an utter farce, and incredibly useless in its current format. 

I have a cyclist mate who raced in Holland. It seems they can get BBC TV over there and he claimed PMQ's was cult viewing (mainly amongst teenagers and young adults). Unfortunately it was seen as comedy - bit like Family Guy I think.  

• Like 1

On 06/05/2023 at 22:38, Genie said:

The ground work has been going on here, and in Europe. It won’t be for nothing. Their only hope is having the balls to do what Starmer won’t and can’t.

A new, improved, actually worthwhile trading arrangement with the EU/Europe/EEA/UK deal whatever you want to call it. They know how much it’ll be worth by how much they have lost with the current one. 
The only chance they have of avoiding a trouncing is Brexit 2.0. We have our sovrin tea and also a Free Trade Agreement. We won! And Sunak did what BoJo couldn’t. 3 cheers for Rishi!

If we end up sending them £100b a year for a membership card then it can be accounted for with the amazing unrestricted trade we will enjoy, and the EU said they’d be open to talking about the boat crisis #winning.

I cant see it myself thia has got labour comfortable win all over it for me

You just need to look at local elections for last few years. Usually that pattern follows in a GE

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I cant see it myself thia has got labour comfortable win all over it for me

You just need to look at local elections for last few years. Usually that pattern follows in a GE

I agree it won’t be enough, but I still think something will happen wrt Europe trading before the GE. So they can stand in opposition and say that the uptick in the economy is down to what they did before being kicked out.

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Usually that pattern follows in a GE

May got trounced in the local elections in 2019 (obviously Sunak got trounced harder as that was the election cycle repeated this year) but Johnson won a GE later that year.

Having said that, the situations are very different. The Tories changed leader in between and the chances of them doing that between now and the next GE are minimal (but never say never) and we still had the spectre of Brexit negotiations which is a kind of unique situation, oh yes and the extremely unpopular/media hate figure of the C-word was Labour leader. That pattern of events is unlikely to be repeated

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

but I still think something will happen wrt Europe trading before the GE

Not a chance, it takes two to tango and the EU are seriously not going to help the Tory Party. If we elect a different party who is less hostile to the EU then change may happen but even then it will be slow because it's the EU and they have no reason to rush anyway because they got the best of the Brexit deal

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â