The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

East Hertfordshire Council was comprised of 40 Tory / 6 LibDem / 2 Labour / 2 Green (A Tory majority of 30 in a 50 seat council)

It has now gone to No Overall Control but the make up is...

19 Green (+17) / 16 Tory (-24) / LibDem 10 (+4) / Labour 5 (+3)

2 elections ago in 2015 The Tories won every single seat, all 50 of them, that is a spectacular turn around

• Like 1

I think that with everyone benefitting from the Tory collapse, we can probably take from it that there are more people voting against this Consevative party than necessarily for Labour. That's okay, Labour benefit massively from that anyway as the non-Labour vote spreads and they might find more MP's in Parliament that they can work with once (as is likely) they're in power.

You could I guess say that it's bad in a way, in that the Conservatives might get a chance to fix it - to change the mood of those voting against them.

Luckily, in a world where people are desperate for better pubic services, better wages, less corruption, less corporate greed and a fairer way of life, the Tories big plan to do that seems to be lower taxes and stop the boats - neither of which (despite the best efforts of the Tory press) seem to be a major thing for voters.

Hopefully thet double down on their efforts to impress us with how much better they can be at the things we're not really interested in and the collapse can continue.

Today was a good day, even though the b***ards still have control of my council.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think that with everyone benefitting from the Tory collapse, we can probably take from it that there are more people voting against this Consevative party than necessarily for Labour. That's okay, Labour benefit massively from that anyway as the non-Labour vote spreads and they might find more MP's in Parliament that they can work with once (as is likely) they're in power.

You could I guess say that it's bad in a way, in that the Conservatives might get a chance to fix it - to change the mood of those voting against them.

Luckily, in a world where people are desperate for better pubic services, better wages, less corruption, less corporate greed and a fairer way of life, the Tories big plan to do that seems to be lower taxes and stop the boats - neither of which (despite the best efforts of the Tory press) seem to be a major thing for voters.

Hopefully thet double down on their efforts to impress us with how much better they can be at the things we're not really interested in and the collapse can continue.

Today was a good day, even though the b***ards still have control of my council.

Yes. I've voted Tory most of my life but I'm not remotely interested in tax going down.

In fact I was and am still very pro it increasing to fund The NHS better. 

I'm not remotely bothered about stopping the boats. 

I'm not really sure what these people mean by returning to Tory values.  If they mean things like reducing taxes can't they see the idiocy of their own argument?  

People aren't leaving them in droves to go to other parties who are promising those things. 

If they mean fix the economy well fair enough but they don't seem to be doing anything to do that.  The only way they will be able to do anything useful is to closely align with The EU or create a huge amount of direct government intervention stimulus neither of which is traditional Tory value. 

They just seem totally clueless.  What they need to do is to actually shy away from traditional Tory values and think a bit more outside the box. 

Whatever they due they're **** anyway  now so they really need to be thinking about policies that get them back into power. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Constantly urging that ticker to actually get to 1,000 losses.

I think the only sensible thing would be a period of tory in fighting after this as each corrupt little sub sect argues that their evil magic is the evil magic that would save the brand.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, sidcow said:

so they really need to be thinking about policies that get them back into power

They can't - what they do (and I'm not kidding here) is nick stuff off other parties to do that, but the other parties are not playing ball. mostly. OK they've nicked Labour/Lib Dem's windfall tax, Labour's childcare and phone scam ideas, but apart from that they're left with their loony throbbing elements coming up with "ideas", "ideas" which no one sane is going to vote for them on.

26 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Constantly urging that ticker to actually get to 1,000 losses.

I think the only sensible thing would be a period of tory in fighting after this as each corrupt little sub sect argues that their evil magic is the evil magic that would save the brand.

And there it is, a few councils still remaining and they’ve hit the figure they themselves were touting in the hope anything less than 1,000 could be painted as some perverse not as bad as it could have been news.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

And there it is, a few councils still remaining and they’ve hit the figure they themselves were touting in the hope anything less than 1,000 could be painted as some perverse not as bad as it could have been news.

All is does is tells the Tories that people are not happy with the previous Labour mess that they are still trying to sort out. 

• Like 1

BBC suggesting they may pull it back to 1,000 in the remaining results. Why would you even suggest that when even true blue councils have been turning all day? 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

BBC suggesting they may pull it back to 1,000 in the remaining results. Why would you even suggest that when even true blue councils have been turning all day? 

I’ve listened to the BBC twice today.

This morning, Nick Robinson was suggesting that the swing to Labour wasn’t looking quite big enough which was absolutely damning on a lack lustre uninspiring Labour offer.

This afternoon, they had the political editor of the sun on, and he suggested these results repeated at a general election would mean a weak labour government held to ransom by the SNP.

Nottingham has no Tories at all on the city council for the first time ever.

Probably a good thing in terms of the national opinion, just a shame the Nottingham Labour council has been an absolute **** shambles for well over a decade, throwing away money on their mad investments

Apparently one of the reasons Green have done well in a lot of rural Tory seats is because of objections to local housing developments in rural areas. 

Not sure if this is good or bad.

We need more houses. Often local people can't afford to stay in rural areas they grew up in because houses are so expensive. 

But should we really be building in rural areas with little infrastructure and cars essential. 

You'd have to question if they would still vote green in a general election too when it's less about local issues. 

Rishi Sunak, General Pinochet, Peter Shilton, Jeffrey Archer, Liz Truss, Jimmy Saville, Jim Davidson, Gary Barlow, Cthulhu, The Lord Evgenny Lebedev, Phil Collins, your boys took a hell of a beating. A hell of a beating. 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Nottingham has no Tories at all on the city council for the first time ever.

Probably a good thing in terms of the national opinion, just a shame the Nottingham Labour council has been an absolute **** shambles for well over a decade, throwing away money on their mad investments

Rushcliffe (still Tory of course) actually had the Tories lose 5 seats (25 to 20) which is fairly remarkable given HOW Tory this place is.

(Not HERE though pal, we’re green). 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â