The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Mid Suffolk might be worth watching, Tory Party in danger of losing to Green Party. The council leader has already lost her seat and I make it 16 seats they've won there so far, which is way more than any of the others. (34 seats total - previously second placed with 12 councillors)

In those wards they won so far, they are winning by HUGE margins and they aren't standing in every ward either, some wards are straight LibDem / Tory fights (no Labour either)

Seems that the tories are doing worst in fairly well-off areas which people moving to the greens or lidbdems. Labour getting back councillors in the north and some of the traditional bell weather marginals. Need to take all of this with a large dollop- local issues play a major part and turnout looks pretty dire generally.  I still think the next ge could be quite tight.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

We begin bombing in 5 minutes...

Bring it on, we will fight you on the beaches etc

Edited by Follyfoot

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Bring it on, we will fight you on the beaches etc

You want to travel a hundred miles to fight on a load of effluent, thats up to you

Just now, bickster said:

You want to travel a hundred miles to fight on a load of effluent, thats up to you

An Englishman’s beach is his castle, or something like that

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I hope so but fear it won't be. I don't want a massive Labour victory

Can't see it myself. Starmer will have to do a Blair and also regain a load of Scottish seats. Could well be a minority Labour government with more of a 1977-style pact rather than 2010 coalition.

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Starmer will have to do a Blair and also regain a load of Scottish seats

Well, firstly, he won't and secondly, he's on course to but...

The Labour needing Scotland thing is a myth. Blair won 56 Scottish seats in 1997 and gained a 176 Seat majority overall, he could have lost every single Scottish seat and still won a healthy working majority of over 50

Blair only gained I think it was 7 seats in Scotland in 1997

Just now, bickster said:

Well, firstly, he won't and secondly, he's on course to but...

The Labour needing Scotland thing is a myth. Blair won 56 Scottish seats in 1997 and gained a 176 Seat majority overall, he could have lost every single Scottish seat and still won a healthy working majority of over 50

Yes but that was a historic landslide, Starmer at present doesn't look like meeting that. They will need to recover some of the lost seats up in Scotland which they have lost since 2010. They did so badly in 2019 that they have a huge amount of turnaround to get elected, even if the Tories look dreadful and unelectable. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Yes but that was a historic landslide, Starmer at present doesn't look like meeting that. They will need to recover some of the lost seats up in Scotland which they have lost since 2010. They did so badly in 2019 that they have a huge amount of turnaround to get elected, even if the Tories look dreadful and unelectable. 

No, they really won't have to do that in Scotland. Labour can win a comfortable majority without winning any more Scottish seats than they already hold

The idea that Scotland is absolutely necessary for a Labour Victory is nonsense. With a generous vote split far more generous to the Tories and less generous for Labour than current polling of 30% Tory / 40% Lab / 12% LibDem / 6% Reform / 5% Green Labour would get a something like 75 seat majority but only 14 of those seats would be regained from the SNP

I'm really not sure where the Labour needs Scotland myth came from (sometime post 1997 iirc) but it has never been very true and it still isn't true today

I also happen to think the SNP vote share will drop considerably from the projection above and Labour will gain more than14 seats in Scotland but that is by the by

It's interesting how well The Greens are doing. 

Is this just about effluent overflowing or is it (as I hope) much more than that. 

The next Government will have to look seriously at Environmental and Renewable Power issues because they're just going to leach more and more votes otherwise. 

Mid Suffolk Update, I make it 20 seats won for the Greens out of 30 declared so far (4 more to go I think)

There was even one ward I notice that elected two seats and only had three candidates, 2 Green and 1 Tory, the Tory lost heavily

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's interesting how well The Greens are doing. 

Is this just about effluent overflowing or is it (as I hope) much more than that. 

The next Government will have to look seriously at Environmental and Renewable Power issues because they're just going to leach more and more votes otherwise. 

They've taken seats off both Tory and Labour but I suspect, far more from the Tories

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â