The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Cut taxes - that went really well last time

Better value for state spending - £20b a month on loan interest which Sunak cocked up some time ago.

Go for growth - that’s severely hampered by something which he strongly backed…

They don’t have any tools or levers to pull to get them out of the mess they created themselves.

Yeah, they’re screwed at this point. Sunak doing his best to be quietly competent is the best strategy that they have, but it’s just the least bad option and they’re still going to get an absolute drubbing in the general election.

Anyone even remotely resembling a swing voter is utterly sick of the Tories by now. There’s no escaping that.

16 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Yeah, they’re screwed at this point. Sunak doing his best to be quietly competent is the best strategy that they have, but it’s just the least bad option and they’re still going to get an absolute drubbing in the general election.

Anyone even remotely resembling a swing voter is utterly sick of the Tories by now. There’s no escaping that.

What would Thatcher have done? Artificially engineered a winnable war. I don't think that's an option this time.  

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Solihull stays Conservative. Another bloody wasted vote. 

Why do you consider it "wasted"?

Is it a need to back a winner?

No vote is really wasted as they all add up, especially when the statisticians do their post match analysis

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Why do you consider it "wasted"?

Is it a need to back a winner?

No vote is really wasted as they all add up, especially when the statisticians do their post match analysis

Waste of time might have been better.  They've actually increased their Councillors. 

I know it's not a general election and people vote for different reasons, but really, after all that's happened. What a shit show. 

4 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

A vote is only wasted when it’s not used.

What about when you vote for a candidate and the party gave them no backing or promotion in the hope they would lose? And they did indeed go on to lose.

That’s a pretty decent shout for a wasted vote.

5 hours ago, Genie said:

A bad day for the Tories in the usually blue Tamworth

🚨🗳️ LOCAL ELECTION RESULTS 🗳️🚨

❗️Conservatives LOSE OVERALL CONTROL IN TAMWORTH❗

Results by Wards for the local election in Tamworth.

Amington - Labour Win 🔴
Belgrave - Labour Win 🔴
Bolehall - Labour Hold 🔴
Castle - Labour Win 🔴
Glascote - Labour Win 🔴
Mercian - Labour Win 🔴
Spital - Labour Win 🔴
Stonydelph - Conservative Hold
Trinity - Conservative Hold (just)
Wilnecote - Labour Win 🔴

Woo, I fall under the Castle area and am well chuffed with that. 

Sadly I think it’ll remain a Tory seat overall in the General Election next year, it’s always been a strong Conservative majority round here. 

4 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Woo, I fall under the Castle area and am well chuffed with that. 

Sadly I think it’ll remain a Tory seat overall in the General Election next year, it’s always been a strong Conservative majority round here. 

It’s difficult to predict. Mr Pincher will stand as independent I assume. His most loyal supporters will then split with who the Tories put against him. Could be an open goal for Labour. 

31 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Solihull stays Conservative.

Increased Tories +2, lol. I'll have whatever they're drinking

Side note - I grew up there (Shirley), and was lucky to as obviously it's affluent. But always thought people there were generally quite mean and small minded compared to other areas of Brum. Nowadays it's basically just assisted living homes for the elderly. I could never move back.

Anyway, good day for despising the Tories eh.

2 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Side note - I grew up there (Shirley), and was lucky to as obviously it's affluent. But always thought people there were generally quite mean and small minded compared to other areas of Brum. Nowadays it's basically just assisted living homes for the elderly. I could never move back.

first-of-all-how-dare-you-rupaul.gif

Edited by sidcow

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s difficult to predict. Mr Pincher will stand as independent I assume. His most loyal supporters will then split with who the Tories put against him. Could be an open goal for Labour. 

Bottom Pincher has said he won’t be standing again. Still happy to claim his salary until next May though despite the fact he’s figuratively gone underground. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Waste of time might have been better.  They've actually increased their Councillors. 

I know it's not a general election and people vote for different reasons, but really, after all that's happened. What a shit show. 

Was just coming to post, Solihull went more Conservative :D

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Fuckoff GIFs | Tenor

Mid Suffolk might be worth watching, Tory Party in danger of losing to Green Party. The council leader has already lost her seat and I make it 16 seats they've won there so far, which is way more than any of the others. (34 seats total - previously second placed with 12 councillors)

In those wards they won so far, they are winning by HUGE margins and they aren't standing in every ward either, some wards are straight LibDem / Tory fights (no Labour either)

EDIT: 17 Seats won after 21 declarations, they need 1 more seat from the remainder, it's not really in doubt now. The Green Party have a council to run

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â