The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

33 minutes ago, Genie said:

A bad day for the Tories in the usually blue Tamworth

🚨🗳️ LOCAL ELECTION RESULTS 🗳️🚨

❗️Conservatives LOSE OVERALL CONTROL IN TAMWORTH❗

Results by Wards for the local election in Tamworth.

Amington - Labour Win 🔴
Belgrave - Labour Win 🔴
Bolehall - Labour Hold 🔴
Castle - Labour Win 🔴
Glascote - Labour Win 🔴
Mercian - Labour Win 🔴
Spital - Labour Win 🔴
Stonydelph - Conservative Hold
Trinity - Conservative Hold (just)
Wilnecote - Labour Win 🔴

I just read that it had been Conservative controlled for 20 years!

Massive food for thought for Rishi this morning (who has been very quiet these last couple of weeks hasn’t he?)

On 02/05/2023 at 08:56, Genie said:

It sounds like a 5% pay increase, plus lump sum of at least £1,655 will be offered to NHS staff today. 

I voted to accept the offer as i know its pittance but cant expect much more from these clowns and im hoping inflation will go down soon to benefit something.

England council results

62 of 230 councils. Counting under way. 

Number of councillors
  • LAB
  • +119
  • Labour 653 councillors 119 councillors gained
  • CON
  • Conservative 454 councillors 228 councillors lost
  • LD
  • +61
  • Liberal Democrat 332 councillors 61 councillors gained
  • IND
  • +22
  • Independents 226 councillors 22 councillors gained
  • GRN
  • +33
  • Green 55 councillors 33 councillors gained
  • RA

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

That’s heading for a 1000 seat loss on an already bad election cycle. If that does occur it’s nothing short of a humiliating disaster

Tories have been briefing their expectation of those sort of figures in the hopes it wouldn't be quite so bad and then they could claim it as a success. Looks like they're going to be right for once and have got the numbers about right. (Even a stopped clock and all that). 

Cut taxes - that went really well last time

Better value for state spending - £20b a month on loan interest which Sunak cocked up some time ago.

Go for growth - that’s severely hampered by something which he strongly backed…

They don’t have any tools or levers to pull to get them out of the mess they created themselves.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Cut taxes - that went really well last time

Better value for state spending - £20b a month on loan interest which Sunak cocked up some time ago.

Go for growth - that’s severely hampered by something which he strongly backed…

They don’t have any tools or levers to pull to get them out of the mess they created themselves.

Surely those kind of Conservative voters will still vote Tory anyway?  It's not like they vote Labour instead.  What's kicking them is Boris's red voters and centrists probably going to Labour.

• Like 1

I voted for a local conservative candidate and a lib dem candidate in our local elections. I voted for 2 lib dems and 1 labour in our parish council elections. Personal preference in local elections is to look at the candidates that i feel are vocal and contributing to the area i live in. 

2 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I voted for a local conservative candidate and a lib dem candidate in our local elections. I voted for 2 lib dems and 1 labour in our parish council elections. Personal preference in local elections is to look at the candidates that i feel are vocal and contributing to the area i live in. 

Sounds like you have a lot of ID's. 

• Haha 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Sounds like you have a lot of ID's. 

Some councils elect three councillors at a time, every four years, others 1 a year for a four year term with a fallow year every fourth year

Just now, bickster said:

Some councils elect three councillors at a time, every four years, others 1 a year for a four year term with a fallow year every fourth year

Yeah but that's not such an amusing conclusion. 

• Like 1

If you don't know, this is two Parliamentary constituencies. Bath (Already LibDem - Wera Hobhouse) and North East Somerset .... drumroll... Jacob Rees-Mogg's constituency

• Like 3

So funny that every interview Sunak still trots out the line that stopping the boats is important to people. Says it robotically and you can tell he doesn't believe it himself. 

If you put 100 people in a room and asked them what their top 5 issues were I doubt more than a couple would put stopping the boats in their top 5 worries. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

If you don't know, this is two Parliamentary constituencies. Bath (Already LibDem - Wera Hobhouse) and North East Somerset .... drumroll... Jacob Rees-Mogg's constituency

Almost as if somebody reported this from the ground at 7am 😛

Tories lost eight of their eleven seats on my local council, and the Lib Dems got 75% of the vote in the ward in which Jacob Rees-Mogg lives.

It's a council that traditionally changes hands between Lib Dem control and Tory control at each election cycle so in "normal" times it should be the start of a new Tory run.

Councillors elected was actually Tories 3, Lib Dems 41.

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â