The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

12 hours ago, Genie said:

Does everywhere have council elections at the same time? Tamworth have theirs 4th May and local social media is absolutely plastered with messages to get the Conservatives out.

That's encouraging, thought that place was a lost cause.

14 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

That's encouraging, thought that place was a lost cause.

Me too but signs are it’ll turn. Time will tell though. Plenty of thick & racist people still around to make it a contest I suspect.

I don't think there's a clearer indication that they're expecting to be kicked out of office that they've deferred raising the state pension age until the next parliamentary session. "Here you go Labour, you break the bad news".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think there's a clearer indication that they're expecting to be kicked out of office that they've deferred raising the state pension age until the next parliamentary session. "Here you go Labour, you break the bad news".

Well probably see more and more of that type of thing over the next year. It goes with the promises of more free nursery places, funded after Labour take over.

1 hour ago, choffer said:

SInce that seat's inception in 1997, it has always been Tory and most of the time they have had a greater than 50% share of the vote. Their lowest majority before 2019 was nearly 8k. Then 2019 came along, the Labour vote utterly collapsed and the LibDem vote surged as a result

Esher_and_Walton_Election_Graph.png

This is one of those seats that Labour will actively not try in. The electorate clearly voted tactically last time and it looks like they will do again with the addition of disaffected Tory voters switching to the LibDems. That seeminly happened in 2019 too but they will be in greater numbers this time you have to imagine.

Raab will hopefully be one of many Portillo moments in the next election

30 minutes ago, bickster said:

42 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Dominic Raab reduced to living in a disused public toilet, never to be heard from in public life again 

No, now it's fixed. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Screenshot_2023-03-31-14-36-32-35_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31-14-36-50-12_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

I'd prefer the version with Braverman's cold corpse floating in the channel, Johnson and Hancock as cellmates and the addition of Liz Truss' tombstone, as in any other walk off life she'd starve.

• Like 1

Interesting Council By-election in Gloucester yesterday

The last time this ward was elected was 2021(three councillors)

If you're wondering why the numbers don't add up, it's mainly due to their being no Green candidate this time. So the Green vote split about a third Labour and two thirds LibDem but that doesn't account for all the LibDem gains, disaffected Tories do that. So you do have signs of tactical ABT voters here too.

As much as the Gloucester parliamentary seat should be Labour Target on past performance, this will be a quite interesting seat to look out for in the General Electiion as the LibDems have more seats than Labour but were a distant third in 2019. Could be an interesting straight three way fight. Very much an indicator seat I think

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

With this, it seems that the main problem is that the initial desire to raise it was based on our increasing life expectancy, and longer retirements.

The problem they've got is that they've ruined the health service and support for the poor, the sick and well...pretty much everybody to the extent that the predictions on life expectancy haven't come to pass. We're not going to live as long as we were before this brand of Conservatism, so they can't justify raising the retirement age to cover it.

• Like 1

Royal Mail's an absolute farce now.

Jiffy bag to Finland, airmail signed for, 10 weeks.

24 hr signed delivery within London, 2 weeks.

Another 24 hr signed delivery due Wednesday, no idea.

Idiot Britain.

• Like 1

"Rishi is doing better than expected, Kier is doing worse than expected"

Stopped at that point because even that opening gambit to the argument is utter bollocks

Have a look at the polling data acrosss all the pollsters, as well as the small amount of actual election data

You'd have to either be an idiot or have REALLY skewed expectations in the first place to make that statement

The general consenus is that try as he might, Sunak despite doing "positive" things ISN't pushing the numbers upwards, he's managing to tread water, Starmer is still 15-20 points ahead

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â