The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

The most disturbing thing is that none of these MPs have actually done anything wrong here. It’s awkward, sure, but not against any rules. Something does need to be done about this because if you can earn over a 100k a year from a 2nd job when your 1st job is paying you around 80-90k a year then its not a stretch to say that being an MP is the 2nd job.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

The most disturbing thing is that none of these MPs have actually done anything wrong here. It’s awkward, sure, but not against any rules. Something does need to be done about this because if you can earn over a 100k a year from a 2nd job when your 1st job is paying you around 80-90k a year then its not a stretch to say that being an MP is the 2nd job.

I think that's the issue. It's a responsible job, and should be full-time. 

I'd make the buggers clock in. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I would say nothing against the rules, rather than nothing wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Danwichmann said:

I would say nothing against the rules, rather than nothing wrong. 

Exactly. The rules are the problem. 

Like all the times Boris was caught out doing questionable things that were deemed within the rules.

5 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

Public perception is far more important that actual rules (or lack thereof) at this juncture

That its not against any rules also angers people

On 26/03/2023 at 09:52, desensitized43 said:

Another disturbing thing is how these words removed can get paid so much when they're so unqualified. £1.5k an hour for Matt Hancock. I mean for **** sake :D 

(I know it was a fake firm, but there must be some logic behind the rate if that's what he was asking for)

Getting elected to a reasonably high government position really is a golden ticket

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Another disturbing thing is how these words removed can get paid so much when they're so unqualified. £1.5k an hour for Matt Hancock. I mean for **** sake :D 

(I know it was a fake firm, but there must be some logic behind the rate if that's what he was asking for)

Getting elected to a reasonably high government position really is a golden ticket

I think once you reach a point in any profession you start to look around and see people who are supposed to be 'on your level' but have simply just blagged their way through life.

• Like 3

I have to say I am quite enjoying the Govester increasing off-message comments from government policy. He is in danger of almost becoming likable. However, he can't really absolve himself from the utter shower we are in as he has been in cabinet since 2010 and campaigned for Brexit.   I think he is trying to rehabilitate himself for the opposition years and or get a nice fat paycheck for a newspaper column. 

28 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I have to say I am quite enjoying the Govester increasing off-message comments from government policy. He is in danger of almost becoming likable. However, he can't really absolve himself from the utter shower we are in as he has been in cabinet since 2010 and campaigned for Brexit.   I think he is trying to rehabilitate himself for the opposition years and or get a nice fat paycheck for a newspaper column. 

He did an interview over the weekend where he said the pandemic and war in Ukraine were making people feel poorer. No mention of the 4% drop in output as a result of Brexit though (although in fairness to the BBC they added it as a footnote on the article) 

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well the teaching unions have revealed the government's offer. It's shit and the unions have told members they should reject it. 

Let's see what happens next.

Any idea what has been offered?

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Any idea what has been offered?

One off payment of £1000. 

An average 4% increase (only 0.5% funded) and some bullshit about unnecessary tasks for workload reasons. 

I was expecting it to be shit. I didn't expect it to be that shit. 

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

One off payment of £1000. 

An average 4% increase (only 0.5% funded) and some bullshit about unnecessary tasks for workload reasons. 

I was expecting it to be shit. I didn't expect it to be that shit. 

Yep, that’s shit.

17 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Isn’t that similar to the NHS offer that was accepted by them?

It's not a million miles away. Not sure about the funding side of things though. I think the government have offered other stuff regarding recruitment side of things. 

I don't think it's been accepted yet. 

Schools already can't afford to run properly. If we agreed to an unfunded pay rise we'd just be making our working conditions and the things we care about worse. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â