The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Just now, DCJonah said:

My wife's a nurse and I know someone who worked in ICU in heartlands. 

What they went through was **** awful. 

It shouldn't be forgotten.

It should go down in history the fact during a pandemic people died alone due to the rules and at the same time Boris Johnson held and attended multiple parties in Downing Street.

He should be locked up. 

• Like 1

His defence boils down to, the parties were NECESSARY and ESSENTIAL

And because of how Number 10 is built, it was impossible to ensure social distancing

Absolute horse shit

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

And because of how Number 10 is built, it was impossible to ensure social distancing

And if this were true (I have no idea), is the suggestion that "well, we're all cramped in here, may as well crack open the wine"?

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

And if this were true (I have no idea), is the suggestion that "well, we're all cramped in here, may as well crack open the wine"?

From listening to some of his evidence he's saying stuff like "it's impossible tp put electrified forcefields around people and ensure 2 metres was adhered to at all times, so of course not everything was socially distanced" (paraphrased)

Which would be an absolutely valid point if he was in front of the committee for someone passing within 2metres of someone else in a hallway.

But he's not. He's there because of parties. it couldn't be less relevant

Again the insinuation is that these parties absolutely HAD to happen and were absolutely essential, which then gives him the defence of it was impossible to have those parties and maintain social distancing. And the more it's argued about the more that first point seems to be being slowly accepted. And it pisses me off

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

From listening to some of his evidence he's saying stuff like "it's impossible tp put electrified forcefields around people and ensure 2 metres was adhered to at all times, so of course not everything was socially distanced" (paraphrased)

Yet they literally had to put up gates to keep him at a distance;

28 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

His justification seems to be that the people at the parties were all working together all day in close proximity so it made no difference if they had a party or not. 

A couple of issues with that.

1) Nobody else was allowed to use that logic

2) Several people who weren’t working in number 10 attended the parties.

16 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

My biggest thought was, if they were having parties (on expenses no doubt) in Covid times. How many f****g parties do they actually have.

None. They have celebrations. 

If Boris faces no punishment (or the weakest of weak hand slaps) the parliamentary disciplinary system will be revealed to be completely worthless. We've already seen that this Tory government has pissed on parliamentary convention and it's basis in being honourable and with integrity, if they can hand wave away absolutely flagrant wrongdoing the entire thing needs to be binned.

Obviously swiftly after you bin that you might as well bin the entire thing as it's completely shot as a system.

• Like 4

I think yesterdays vote on the Windsor Framework shows where the vast majority of Tory NMPs allegiances currently lie. I wouldn't be shocked if they did for him tbh, he's a spent force, he could only muster 22 Tory MPs to vote against the Framework

He's currently a has been.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bickster said:

I think yesterdays vote on the Windsor Framework shows where the vast majority of Tory NMPs allegiances currently lie. I wouldn't be shocked if they did for him tbh, he's a spent force, he could only muster 22 Tory MPs to vote against the Framework

He's currently a has been.

Yeah, that was an eye opener once he'd come out against it. Not sure why he's hanging about in all honesty. 

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, that was an eye opener once he'd come out against it. Not sure why he's hanging about in all honesty. 

Me neither, he made £4m this year already. Why isn’t he retiring from politics to rake it in on the after dinner speech circuit? 

Does he get the £105k ex-PM “allowance” on top of his MP salary?

Edited by Genie

44 minutes ago, sidcow said:

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

Me neither, he made £4m this year already. Why isn’t he retiring from politics to rake it in on the after dinner speech circuit? 

Does he get the £105k ex-PM “allowance” on top of his MP salary?

And give up on reclaiming his birthright of ruling over us, after it was so unjustly taken from him by those who betrayed him in a manner that even the despicable Brutus would consider abhorrent?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, DCJonah said:

My wife's a nurse and I know someone who worked in ICU in heartlands. 

What they went through was **** awful. 

It shouldn't be forgotten.

I agree - it must not be forgotten. Sadly though that is all we can threaten. Johnson will at worst not be allowed to be an MP again, yet he will make millions on his speaking circuits. In my mind the nearest we will get to justice on men like him is to forget them as quickly as possible.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chindie said:

If Boris faces no punishment (or the weakest of weak hand slaps) the parliamentary disciplinary system will be revealed to be completely worthless. We've already seen that this Tory government has pissed on parliamentary convention and it's basis in being honourable and with integrity, if they can hand wave away absolutely flagrant wrongdoing the entire thing needs to be binned.

Obviously swiftly after you bin that you might as well bin the entire thing as it's completely shot as a system.

It'll basically make it so that it's impossible for anyone to mislead parliament, because as @blandy alluded to it's almost impossible to prove that someone didn't believe what they were saying, even if what they were saying can be proven to be false.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It'll basically make it so that it's impossible for anyone to mislead parliament, because as @blandy alluded to it's almost impossible to prove that someone didn't believe what they were saying, even if what they were saying can be proven to be false.

“Wilfully” makes that read better, perhaps?

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Led by Donkeys, appear to have stepped up a gear

More for “lead with integrity” Rishi Sunak to consider then.

It was hilarious seeing Kwarteng going through the motions after realising he sold himself far too cheap. 

• Haha 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â