The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Latest yougov

85% say Boris Johnson is dishonest

84% say he knowingly misled parliament (15% he did not mean to mislead parliament, 1% not sure).

41% believe he will be found to have deliberately misled parliament, 30% say he will be found to have recklessly misled parliament. 20% think he’ll be cleared.

78% say he should be investigated further by parliament over partygate.

7 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

This hearing is not about whether he broke the law. He was already fined for breaking the law. 

Not when he misled parliament he wasn't

Ignorance of the law is part of Johnson's defence for misleading parliament

As a result, statements about ignorance of the law are extremely relevant

55 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Actually so bored I am watching this party gate thing on TV.

Bumbling Boris the Buffoon appears to me to be struggling at this meeting, with his waffling and bluster not fooling anyone at this meeting 

The committee aren't exactly Tom Cruise in "A Few Good Men" though.  

21 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

This hearing is not about whether he broke the law. He was already fined for breaking the law. 

His excuse is he didn't know he was breaking the law.

Like I said upthread, I don't care if they find him guilty or not, in fact I'd prefer it if they didn't

The court of public opinion is far more important than the result of the Priv Ctte investigation. If they fail to do anything about it, all the better really

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

BJ: People who say we were partying in lockdown don’t know what they are on about.

We were celebrating and thanking people for their work during the pandemic, completely different.

He is genius.  A Celebration, not a party. why didn't he say that before?   Let's move on, nothing to see here.

Just now, sidcow said:

He is genius.  A Celebration, not a party. why didn't he say that before?   Let's move on, nothing to see here.

Yeah, Rita Ora should have said she wasn’t having a party, she was being thanked for going another 365 days without dying.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Risso said:

The committee aren't exactly Tom Cruise in "A Few Good Men" though.  

"You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something."

No wait, did I say parties?  No, not parties.  definitely not parties

• Haha 1

It seems Johnson wants to use Sue Gray's investigation notes that Tories were insisting were tainted because she's going to work for Labour in the future

If only they could get their ducks in a row

• Like 1

I feel like giving Johnson exposure just plays into his hands. The ideal would be the man just f***ing off for a few decades and then turning up in the VT Deadpool. He’s an absolute piece of shit, but he loves an opportunity to be centre of attention, and turn a grilling into a circus.

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I feel like giving Johnson exposure just plays into his hands. The ideal would be the man just f***ing off for a few decades and then turning up in the VT Deadpool. He’s an absolute piece of shit, but he loves an opportunity to be centre of attention, and turn a grilling into a circus.

Its the headlines that are important, most people won't watch this. He's hated, its hard to be unhated from where he is.

As Mogwai would say... we're kicking a dead pig at this stage

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

Its the headlines that are important, most people won't watch this. He's hated, its hard to be unhated from where he is.

As Mogwai would say... we're kicking a dead pig at this stage

Exactly, as I mentions above, yougov survey has him at about 85% being dishonest.

48 minutes ago, sidcow said:

His excuse is he didn't know he was breaking the law.

And that is, in theory, a perfectly acceptable defence if you are arguing that you were not lying when you said you were not breaking the law. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Not when he misled parliament he wasn't

Ignorance of the law is part of Johnson's defence for misleading parliament

As a result, statements about ignorance of the law are extremely relevant

That’s exactly the point. He hadn’t been fined yet so he can claim he didn’t know it was wrong. Ergo he can claim he didn’t mislead parliament. If he had said it after he had been fined then it would be pretty clear he misled parliament, he would have the fines to prove it was wrong. 

Just now, LondonLax said:

That’s exactly the point. He hadn’t been fined yet so he can claim he didn’t know it was wrong. Ergo he can claim he didn’t mislead parliament. If he had said it after he had been fined then it would be pretty clear he misled parliament, he would have the fines to prove it was wrong. 

He can't claim that with any seriousness, he literally read out the rules on national television to the rest of us

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â